**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Friday, March 04, 2011

PSB: Recreate Cover Contest: This Side of the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

PSB2

I’m sure you’ve seen this kind of contest before over at Princess Bookie, I totally love those, and the Crescendo Cover Contest last year was very successful, So I decided to do another one!

That’s right, we are gonna do a Re-Create Cover Contest!

but not just any cover, no no no!

You will have to do your very own This side of the Grave Cover!

(pretty much a Fan Art for the book)

Here’s an example:

Halfwaytothegrave

The original cover of the first book on the left, and my take on it on the right. I chose James Marsters to act as Bones because he was the only bleached-blond I knew at the time. If you ask Jeaniene though, she would describe Bones as a blend of James Franco, Orlando Bloom & Chris Pine or Viggo Mortensen, Bruce Campbell, and Billy Idol, for those of us who know who they are *winks*

Your job though, will be to recreate a cover for the most recent release, This Side of the Grave!

Original cover below

thissideofthe graveDanger waits on both sides of the grave

Half-vampire Cat Crawfield and her vampire husband Bones have fought for their lives, as well as for their relationship. But just when they’ve triumphed over the latest battle, Cat’s new and unexpected abilities threaten to upset a long-standing balance…

With the mysterious disappearance of vampires, rumors abound that a species war is brewing.  A zealot is inciting tensions between the vampires and ghouls, and if these two powerful groups clash, innocent mortals could become collateral damage. Now Cat and Bones are forced to seek help from a dangerous “ally”—the ghoul queen of New Orleans herself. But the price of her assistance may prove more treacherous than even the threat of a supernatural war. …to say nothing of the repercussions Cat never imagined.

  • Who can participate?

This Contest is International!

  • What is there to win?
  1. Jeaniene is offering a Signed copy of This Side of the Grave to the winner.
  2. I will also offer a copy of Eternal Kiss of Darkness to the runner-up.
    Please take note: If you live outside of Canada, you might have to pay shipping for that second prize, if I don’t get enough donations to cover the shipping cost

Donate[5]
If you wanna help pay for shipping

  • How will we choose the winner?

ENTRIES ARE NOW CLOSED

Well first this contest will be opened for entries until March 18th, 2010.
On March 21st , I will put up a post with all entries and will open a vote.
The cover with the most votes will win!

 

Now go ahead, get in creative mode and show us your talent!

When you are done, please fill the form below!

You don’t need to have a blog, just need to host your cover somewhere.

(you can host them on Image Shack for free)

FILL THE FORM

Have fun!

Please be respectful of copyrights because neither Jeaniene Frost, nor myself support copyrights infringements.
Avoid using someone’s artwork and smack  a title on it please. 

Please help me spread the news!

Tweet: Recreate Cover Contest: This Side of the Grave @Jeaniene_Frost http://nblo.gs/f0QuE Win EKoD & Signed TSoG hosted @Tynga @parajunkee pls RT

This Side of the Grave is already available in stores!

   A AmazonNew BDnew

Tynga is a 32 years old mom of two, from Montreal, working as a lab technician in an hospital specialized in heart disease. In her free time, she enjoys reading all things Paranormal and photography.

Follow Tynga on: Facebook | Twitter

6 People left their mark' :

  1. Hmmm....Jessica Alba as Cat and James Marsters (a la Spike) as Bones. Thanks, Tynga. Now I want a movie, and I won't be happy unless they cast those two as the leads! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DarkBloodyVamp4 March 2011 at 10:41

    I'm not an artist and always wanted to learn to be more computer graphically inclined but just not enough time in the time. I just wanted to say I LOVE your Halfway To The Grave cover re-design. Mmmmm Yummy Spike! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am gonna sit this one out I can't design but I can't wait to see the entries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. James Marsters as Bones = No way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love this cover contest :D And thank you for making it international - I live in Hungary and it's so hard to get a signed book from my favourite authors - and Jeaniene is my absolute-favourite :D So THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made a wrong entry. Please disregard it. *hurries to think of a good cover*

    ReplyDelete