**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Friday, March 18, 2011

Contest Craze: Mini Challenge #2

Princess Bookie is currently hosting her Contest Craze, and I wanted to enter her second mini challenge.

 

Most Anticipated Upcoming Book!

This Mini Challenge Consists Of:

-Write A Blog Post Telling Us Your Most Anticipated Upcoming Book!
-Be Creative, why do you want it, etc? 

-Book Must already have a publication date. 

-If it has a summary or picture, you can use that in your post!


Well it was really HARD to choose!

First I though about Bloodlines by Richelle Mead, because I like her so much and I can’t wait to see the beginning of this new series. Then I thought, City of Fallen Angel by Cassandra Clare, or maybe The Clockwork Prince?

I finally settled for Bitterblue by Kristen Cashore.

I LOVED Graceling & Fire, and Bitterblue is the third book in this world. I’m really anxious to read it because they keep pushing back the damn release date!!! Please release it already! As of now, it’s scheduled to release Sept 15th 2011, but they’ve already pushed back the date 2 or 3 times, so hopefully it won’t change again, but I wouldn’t be surprise if it did.

No cover is available as of yet, but here’s the description available on GoodReads.

Book 3, tentatively titled Bitterblue and currently in progress, is a companion book to both Graceling and Fire and takes place in the seven kingdoms six years after Graceling. Bitterblue will tie all three books together in some way. Bitterblue is the sixteen-year-old protagonist, and Katsa, Po, Giddon, Helda, and other characters from Graceling will be part of the fabric of the book. Plenty of fighting still to come!

You haven’t read Kristin Cashore’s books yet? What are you waiting for? It’s a super original epic fantasy set in some kind of medieval era with castles et kings. It’s not my typical read, but it’s SO FRICKING GOOD!

Here’s a bit more about both books:

"In a world where people born with an exceptional skill, known as a Grace, are both feared and exploited, Katsa carries the burden of a skill even she despises: the Grace of killing.

Feared by the court and shunned by those her own age the darkness of her Grave casts a heavy shadow over Katsa's life. Yet she remains defiant: when the King of Lienid's father is kidnapped she investigates, and stumbles across a mystery. Who would want to kidnap the old man, and why? And who was the extraordinary Graced man whose fighting abilities rivaled her own?

The only thing Katsa is sure of is that she no longer wants to kill. The intrigue around this kidnapping offers her a way out - but little does she realize, when she takes it, that something insidious and dark lurks behind the mystery. Something spreading from the shadowy figure of a one-eyes king...

Read My Review



Beautiful creatures called monsters live in the Dells. Monsters have the shape of normal animals: mountain lions, dragonflies, horses, fish. But the hair or scales or feathers of monsters are gorgeously colored-- fuchsia, turquoise, sparkly bronze, iridescent green-- and their minds have the power to control the minds of humans.

Seventeen-year-old Fire is the last remaining human-shaped monster in the Dells. Gorgeously monstrous in body and mind but with a human appreciation of right and wrong, she is hated and mistrusted by just about everyone, and this book is her story.

Read My Review


Have you read the books? If not are you tempted to pick them up? I'm telling you, you won't regret it!

Tynga is a 32 years old mom of two, from Montreal, working as a lab technician in an hospital specialized in heart disease. In her free time, she enjoys reading all things Paranormal and photography.

Follow Tynga on: Facebook | Twitter

5 People left their mark' :

  1. Graceling is amazing! Fire was good too, but I liked Graceling much more (I seem to be in the minority with that). I can't believe I didn't have this one on my TBR list on Goodreads. *added*

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Ashley - Actually I prefered Graceling as well ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I super love the books as well. Graceling is my favorite and I really recommend it as a must-read for fantasy lovers. The wait for Bitterblue is killing me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed both of these books and like you am anxiously awaiting BITTERBLUE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post hon!! I really enjoyed this series and cannot wait for the next novel to come out!

    ReplyDelete