**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Montreal Book Blogger Meet-Up Recap!

Hi everyone!

The Montreal Book Bloggers got together yesterday for lunch to discuss about the Montreal Book Lovers facebook page we started and book shopping. WE really had a blast and here’s a little resume!

We met over at Guido & Angelina by metro Atwater for an Italian lunch! It turns out there were 13 of us as some couldn’t make it that day, but I’m really happy with how it turned out!

Lucy made some really cool name tags for everyone:

DSC01759
(I’m not on that picture since I was taking it ^^)

We mostly discussed book over lunch, our latest discovery, books we are excited for and books to movie adaptions. It was really fun!

After lunch, Tina, who received boxes of books and goodies from publishers in the honor of this event, started handing some really awesome stuff!


(picture taken by Cat)

Everyone went home with some cool swag and books! and I would like to thank all the publishers for their generosity!

Harper Collins Canada
Simon & Schuster Canada
Random House Canada
Scholastic Canada

Thank you so much for your support, it’s greatly appreciated!

Here’s what I got:


There were some other great books too, so everyone was really happy!

I also gave three books to three of the girls, and came back home with two other books that I got from pk.

Thank you so much!

Afterwards we discussed how to improve our website and facebook page, discussed strategies to advertise all the events in the area and what we wanna do here on out. It was really great!

And, being all book lovers, we had to do some book shopping before we parted ways. I was a good girl and didn’t by anything, but I always enjoy looking at all those pretties on the shelves hehe.

I really had a great time and I can’t wait for our next meet-up =)

284433_10150251266241743_517881742_8096097_6296258_n

(picture taken by Lucy)

Front Row:
PK, Cindy, Cat and Lisa.
Back Row:
Avis, Amanda, Melissa, Jennifer, Me, Lucy, Donna, Laura & Tina.

Tynga is a 32 years old mom of two, from Montreal, working as a lab technician in an hospital specialized in heart disease. In her free time, she enjoys reading all things Paranormal and photography.

Follow Tynga on: Facebook | Twitter

16 People left their mark' :

  1. It was so much fun! I was very happy to get to meet everyone in person. And like someone said "It's nice to match a personality to the name". ;)

    I am fighting with my old computer trying to make a post for today, but it's taking forever. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! Why... we're together celebrating our love of books.

    Thank you for The Historian - I can't wait to post it in next week's mailbox. I'll post it with our amazing swags.

    I ditto Cat - loved meeting everyone and loved talking Books :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a lot of fun. You Montreal bloggers are lucky! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like it was a great time! :) Congrats ladies on putting together such a gret book blogger get together. :) And YAY for wicked publishers for contributing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you guys had fun! How awesome is it to geek out with other book geeks?! And yay for new books to read!


    Smiles!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic idea! I've recently started meeting some of the Ontario bloggers at author signings, but an event like this would really be great to compare books and blogger tips. I'm glad you all had a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Tynga! Wow how cool! You gals are so awesome=) I really love this idea too bad there are like no bloggers by me =( Well not that I know of. I really like the cute name tags Lucy made. Yay Lucy!

    Thanks for sharing!
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome post! I love the pics - I wish I'd brought my camera too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a blast! Just to hang out with other book loves...fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was great meeting you! I hope we can have another group meeting soon!

    Great pics too, btw! I hope you enjoy your books :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the pics you posted of our meet-up! So fun to meet you finally -- thanks for the book!

    Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you all had so much fun :-D I am so jealous there are so many book bloggers in your region, would love to meet some of my virtual book lover friends who share my passion and taste for books.

    Thanks for sharing your fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the idea of a bookish lunch meetup!It looks like you guys had a blast, thanks for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. It sounds like you had a really fun time getting to meet up with your fellow Montreal bloggers!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. We did have a lot of fun, can't wait to do it again!
    Thank you all for your great comments <3

    ReplyDelete