**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Friday, October 03, 2014

Evernight by Kristen Callihan

I am a big fan of Kristen Callihan and once again I enjoyed my ride with her great characters. This time around, we follow brilliant, human, Holly has she tries to regain her composure after being kidnapped and forced to do terrible things. One of her terrible actions resulted in William Thorne having a titanium heart, poisoning his body and mind. He wants nothing more than the death of the tool (Holly) who forced this transformation onto him, but he had no idea how amazingly good she would make him feel.

I've heard other say this novel was their favorite in the series so far and while I cannot claim the same, I definitely enjoyed it. The most amazing thing about this series is that each novel is so great I simply cannot pick a favorite. They are all equally awesome.

One of the aspects I particularly liked about this installment is that Holly, even though she has an affinity to control metal, is human and that she pulls her own weight in a world of supernaturals. She is super smart, and trained physically be as strong as the supernatural next door and I can only command her for it. I don't want to spoil anything but at some point she fought against a particularly nasty demon and I was awed by her quick thinking and tricks. She is definitely a force to be reckoned with even though she flies under the radar because of her quiet and over-analyzing demeanor.

Will was a delight and I loved witnessing his contradictory feelings. He is a rebel, yet falls for quiet Holly and find himself craving a simple life. She is, despite her circumstances, the source of his torment but her regrets are palpable and go straight to his heart. I really loved how he slowly falls for her and that it drives him nuts to see her so devoid of emotions. They are complete opposites, but draw each other like magnets.

On a side note, the cover is super pretty, and Holly is well represented, but William has long white hair... so yeah, I wish to cover portrayed him better.

I was completely committed to the plot and was surprised by the different twist and turns. The bad guy isn't necessarily whom we think they are and I always appreciate that in a novel.

I loved the conclusion even though it was a bit predictable. I just love those HEA!

I am under the impression the next novel will feature Adam and Eliza May and I can't wait to know more about these two!

tynsig

Tynga is a 32 years old mom of two, from Montreal, working as a lab technician in an hospital specialized in heart disease. In her free time, she enjoys reading all things Paranormal and photography.

Follow Tynga on: Facebook | Twitter

0 comments:

Post a Comment