**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Tynga

IMG_20120609_173743My real name is Cindy but have been browsing the internet as Tynga for almost 10 years now. I am a 27 years old French Canadian from Montreal and I work as a lab technician in an hospital specialized in heart disease, surgery and transplant.

I am a new mother of the most amazing (although insomniac) babyIMG_00000237 girl in the world. We live with daddy and our two cats.

I have multiple passions, obviously books are very high on the list. I am also a huge hockey fan (Go HABS Go!) and I love arts, may it be photography, drawing, painting or messing around on Photoshop.

If you’ve been following my blog a little while, you already know that I read almost exclusively books of the Paranormal genre and YA Fantasy, Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy are my favourites =) I recently started reading Dystopian and Steampunk though and I’m loving it!

If there’s anything you’d like to know about me, just ask in the comments!

 

Wanna visit my bookshelves? Here’s a virtual tour!

(as of Dec 2012)

tynsig

Tynga is a 32 years old mom of two, from Montreal, working as a lab technician in an hospital specialized in heart disease. In her free time, she enjoys reading all things Paranormal and photography.

Follow Tynga on: Facebook | Twitter

26 People left their mark' :

  1. I love your bookshelves! That was cool. I like the video tour idea. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bookshelves are sooooo organized! I love them! My shelves look like a disaster waiting to happen :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the bookshelf tour! I'm pretty jealous of your collection Lol sooo many great books =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bookshelves are so pretty, and I'm pretty sure the Canadiens have one of the best nicknames in hockey, and I get jealous your team has Yannick Weber..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bookshelves are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad to know a little more about you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's never too late to do an About me post :). I loooove you bookshelveSSS they are soo awesome!!! Pretty soon you will have to buy another bookshelf loll!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay an About Me post. ;) It's about time, young lady!

    I was just thinking the other day that we need to organize a Montreal Book Blogger outing! What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Katy, I probably shouldn't show you that picture then? *winks*

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Cat What do you have in mind? =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That picture is AWESOME.. *jealous*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't worry, it's not too late for an "about me" post - as they say, better late than never!

    For some very weird reason, I thought you lived in Trois-Rivières, not Montreal. Now where did I get that idea? Have you lived there before, or am I just completely loosing my mind? (probably that yes, lol)

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Kay I have no idea where you got the idea lol but my family comes from this area actually. Shawinigan & Lac-aux-sables to be exact ^^
    I've never lived there though

    ReplyDelete
  14. As Kay said-It's never too late! Great pic and congrats on the wedding!
    Have a wonderful week-stop by and say hi if you get a chance!
    Kristin
    MyBookishWays

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't been back to your blog in quite awhile and was glad to see your 'about me'. Loved your video book tour and seeing one of your cats. You are right, you have lovely bookshelves. Where did you get them? You certainly will be needing more.

    I am curious on how you decide what books you keep? Or do you basically keep every book you read? Do you prefer to read in French or English?

    Congratulations and blessings for your upcoming marriage!

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Furry thank you =) My shelves are from IKEA, it's part of the Billy collection and you have to buy the shelf and the doors separately.

    I used to keep every book I read, but I decided to let go of the books I didn't like all that much to make more room. And I definitely prefer reading in English. In fact, Twilight is the only series I've read in French. English books are WAY cheaper, release faster, and you are sure you loose nothing in the translation ^^

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks, Tynga for the response. I like your shelves because our cats wouldn't be able to get onto them and maybe reduce the never ending fur (hence our nickname ha-ha).

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello friend - I just want to give you the 7 facts award, if you want to know more about it visit my blog:

    http://syco4twilight.blogspot.com/2011/03/i-won-7-facts-award.html

    Thanks and have a wonderful day! :)
    Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just had to come over and meet you after watching that fun Parajunkee video, You were so funny and I love your accent :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. you read rapture by lauren kate ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No ive only read the first book in that series

      Delete
  21. Hi Tynga, I don't have much to say but I've been hanging around reading your posts and being jealous of your book shelves haha. I just have to say-I love your eye color!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello, first of all I just wanted to say that I really like your blog!Also Tynga, I was wondering if you could suggest me some bookstores in Montreal. I'll visit Montreal next year and I would like to buy a few books while I'm there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Marie-Michel! Thank you very much :) I'm not really a good reference regarding book stores in Montreal, because I do all my shopping online. You might wanna ask Lucy at Moonlight Gleam's Bookshelf, she is also a Montrealer. Have a great trip!

      Delete