**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Friday, January 28, 2011

Bookish News

First of all, here’s a news that will interest all ebooks lovers out there!

I found it on Tales of Whimsy, and here’s what she found out:

Have you heard or tried eBook Fling? According to PCMag.com, the site just launched today and they are calling themselves "the Netflix for books". It reminds me of Paperback Swap for eBooks. If you lend an eBook, you earn credits so you can borrow an eBook. Don't have any credits yet? They cost only $1.99. Check it out and if anyone has tried it, I am anxious to hear what you think.

 

Amazing right? I subscribed, but couldn’t try it just yet because my kindle is low batt right now lol, but let me know what you think if you tried it!

Kevin Hearne, author of an brand new upcoming series called The Iron Druid Chronicles is having a super deal for anyone who order his first book before Feb 15th, here are the details:

If you do me a HUGE favor and pre-order Hounded before February 15 (use any of the red links below) and shoot me an email to that effect (kevin@kevinhearne.com), I will do the following for you:

1) Send you a signed, personalized, HOUNDED bookplate with any message that will fit (you’ll need to give me an address). If you buy multiple copies as gifts (Whoa! What a GREAT idea!) I’ll send you multiple signed bookplates—just tell me how many you need and who to make them out to! 2) I will pop open a beer, raise it high to attract the notice of the gods, and say, “Yon spiffy person, YOUR NAME, in YOUR HAPPY PLACE, is an excellent creature worthy of notice, good karma, and any benevolent juju you might otherwise see fit to bestow.” And then I’ll chug it in your honor. 3) I will hug my tree, pet my dog, and tell both of them how cool you are for pre-ordering. I promise. Thank you so much!

Source: Kevin’s webpage

All three of his books are available on Book Depository for only 5,99$ with Free Shipping to most countries.

(Click book cover to order)

Description of the first book:

Atticus O’Sullivan has been running for two thousand years and he’s a bit tired of it. After he stole a magical sword from the Tuatha Dé Danann (those who became the Sidhe or the Fae) in a first century battle, some of them were furious and gave chase, and some were secretly amused that a Druid had the cheek to defy them. As the centuries passed and Atticus remained an annoyingly long-lived fugitive, those who were furious only grew more so, while others began to aid him in secret.

Now he’s living in Tempe, Arizona, the very last of the Druids, far from where the Fae can easily find him. It’s a place where many paranormals have decided to hide from the troubles of the Old World—from an Icelandic vampire holding a grudge against Thor to a coven of Polish witches who ran from the German Blitzkrieg.

Unfortunately, the very angry Celtic god who wants that sword has tracked him down, and Atticus will need all his power, plus the help of a seductive goddess of death, a sexy bartender possessed by a Hindu witch, and some good, old-fashioned luck of the Irish to kick some arse and deliver himself from evil.

Doesn’t it sounds totally awesome?

And last, here’s the cover of Black Night by Christina Henry, sequel of Black Wings, to be released in August 2011.

Tynga is a 32 years old mom of two, from Montreal, working as a lab technician in an hospital specialized in heart disease. In her free time, she enjoys reading all things Paranormal and photography.

Follow Tynga on: Facebook | Twitter

5 People left their mark' :

  1. A. Thanks for the shout out! :D
    B. Those covers by Kevin Hearne are hot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of e-book Fling. I'm going to check it out right now. Thanks for the news. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post!!! Thank you for sharing Tynga!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, that is WAY rad! And wow - I am LOVING the model on the cover of those books!

    ReplyDelete