**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Snow White Blood Red by Cameron Jace

Snow White Blood Red by Cameron Jace is the first of several e-novella prequels to The Grimm Diaries. I was hesitating to read this book because I don't read self-published novels.  Despite my hesitation, I decided to go against my gut because this series is so popular and Amazon kept on recommending it to me.  I wasn't overly impressed with this novella, but I was definitely entertained!

My main concern with Snow White Blood Red is the narration because it's extremely inconsistent and a bit too choppy. In just 25 pages, this novella is written in both 1st and 2nd person perspectives, which was too distracting for me as a reader. Both perspectives don't mesh well together and it made Jace's writing style feel extremely awkward and illogical. This novella definitely could have used an editor to make this novel more concise.

I love the idea of The Grimm Diaries, who wouldn't want to read about a vampire Snow White? This novella didn't have much of a plot and it was mostly exposition for Snow White Sorrow. I'm definitely intrigued by the series' concept and I'm curious to see what direction this series will take.

I wasn't a huge fan of Snow White Blood Red, but I'll definitely check out the subsequent installments just because I already purchased them. I'm still questioning whether or not Snow White Blood Red is worth the 99 cents that it costs on the Kindle Store! Snow White Blood Red lacked development, but I have high hopes that this series will redeem itself in book #2.

jonsig

Tynga is a 32 years old mom of two, from Montreal, working as a lab technician in an hospital specialized in heart disease. In her free time, she enjoys reading all things Paranormal and photography.

Follow Tynga on: Facebook | Twitter

0 comments:

Post a Comment