**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Novella November: Like A Wolf With A Bone (Howl For It) by Shelly Laurenston

Shelly Laurenston never fails to entertain me. Even with a novella, she is able to tell the story of two people coming together, falling in love while having fun with it at the same time.

I guess you could say Darla Mae is your typical Shelly Laurenston female protagonist. She can be self sufficient, she's intelligent and she is definitely strong and able to take care of herself. Meeting the intimidating Eggie was probably not in her plans but she ends up trusting the guy instantly even if he did kidnap her in order to save her life. As a marine and a werewolf, Eggie is known ny everyone, including his family, a wolf not to meddle with. He is a relentless hunter and a man that will do anything in order to protect, whether if its to protect his country or his female. He and Darla couldn't make it stranger couple with him being a marine, and her a baker. Despite the unlikely pair, their relationship simply works.

There's never a dull moment in the book, with humans hunting down Darla Mae, road car races and an endless supply of pies. The banter between characters also makes it ingesting and things can get out of control when family members get involved in Darla and Eggie's business.

Overall I would definitely recommend LIKE A WOLF WITH A BONE to anyone interested in a quick read in paranormal romance. Even if it's part of a series, it's the first book in the chronological order of the series, despite it being written later on. Truthfully, I've been reading this series completely out of order and now that I've read #0.5, I think I'll definitely read the rest in order. It's not a must since I strongly believe this series can be read out of order but I'm interested in learning more about all the different characters mentioned in this story and all the other books I've read so far.

A fun story, you can never go wrong with Laurenston. This is type of story that keeps me reading, even if I know it's time to sleep. It definitely kept me up late into the night because I wanted to know more, right away. It's not the best story ever written by the author but she makes you care for her character, which is truly important when it comes to romance stories.

stephsig_thumb-25255B1-25255D6

Tynga is a 32 years old mom of two, from Montreal, working as a lab technician in an hospital specialized in heart disease. In her free time, she enjoys reading all things Paranormal and photography.

Follow Tynga on: Facebook | Twitter

3 People left their mark' :

  1. I enjoy any and all books by both these authors even if it's a novella!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got through reading Big Bad Beast, which features Darla and Eggie's daughter, Dee. I love all of her Pride books, but it was one of my favorites. Dee is just like Eggie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cynthia is one of my favorite authors and I loved this! Nice to read Shelly's work too.

    ReplyDelete