**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Stacking the Shelves [146]

Stacking the Shelves

 

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!


If you want to find out more about Stacking The Shelves, please visit the official launch page!


——————


Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!  The hubby and I got a puppy since my last Stacking the Shelves, so I'll be spending Valentine's Day with both my boys.  :)  :)  :)  Meet Tucker!  My new reading buddy.


IMG_1427



Isn't he an adorable distraction?  Now back to talking books:


Stacking the Shelves



ARCs for Review!


Can't Look Away by Donna Cooner: I read and enjoyed Skinny, and I got to meet the author, so of course I want to try her latest!


I'll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios:  I've been reading a lot of hype about this one.


Half Wild by Sally Green: Another one I've read a lot of hype about.


Paperweight by Meg Haston


The Improbable Theory of Ana & Zak by Brian Katcher: I love reading Brian's reviews of YA books on www.foreveryoungadult.com, and am hopeful that his book is just as fun!


The Porcupine of Truth by Bill Konigsberg:  Totally judging this book by it's cover.  I love porcupines and the cover is adorbs.


Forbidden by Kimberley Griffiths Little: Another author I've met, and so I totally have to try her book!


The Revelation of Louisa May by Michaela MacColl:  a book about an author of books?  Yes, please!


Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins:  Can you believe I haven't started this trilogy yet?  *hangs head in shame*  Maybe having an ARC of the third book will motivate me.


Finding Paris by Joy Preble:  Even though I had a few qualms about The Sweet Dead Life, I did enjoy the tone.  So I'm hopeful I'll like Finding Paris.


Emancipated by M.G. Reyes:  Emancipated teens... this is a new book topic to me!  Excited to try it.


Thirteen Chairs by Dave Shelton


The Cage by Megan Shepherd:  LOVE LOVE LOVE her Madman's Daughter trilogy; excited to try her new project!


A Cold Legacy by Megan Shepherd:  I'm getting my own copy of this, so I'll pass along this ARC to "my" teens at the library.


Challenger Deep by Neal Shusterman:  a book about a teen with mental illness, with illustrations by the author's son, who struggles with mental illness.  Of course I'm going to support this!


The Baby Sitters Club: Kristy's Great Idea adapted by Raina Telgemeier: I LOVED these books as  kid!  I'm SUPER excited to revisit them in graphic novel format!


Made You Up by Francesca Zappia:  Totally grabbed this because of the GORGEOUS cover.  I want to frame it as wall art!


Stacking the Shelves Dark in the City of Light Paul Robertson


A Gift!


On my personal blog, Marie's Reads, I'm doing Popsugar's 2015 Reading Challenge.  One of the goals is to read a book with antonyms in the title.  My super aunt sent me this book to fulfill that goal!  Thank you!


Stacking the Shelves



Library! (Free Books for Everyone!)


Laughing at My Nightmare by Shane Burcaw: I've heard nothing but praise for this one.  And it just won an American Youth Media Award.


In Her Kitchen: Stories and Recipes From Grandmas Around the World by Gabriele Galimberti:  Oh, how I love grandmas.


Alan Turing: The Enigma by Andrew Hodges: My mom saw and recommended the movie; I plan to read the book first.


The Sweetheart by Angelinia Mirabella


Letter to a Future Lover: Marginalia, Errata, Secrets, Inscriptions, and Other Ephemera Found in Libraries by Ander Monson: Why, of course!


Stacking the Shelves Dreamfire Alloway


New!


Dreamfire by Kit Alloway:  Isn't that a pretty cover?


What about you?  What books did you bring home this week?


Marie[inlinkz_linkup id=495822]

Tynga is a 32 years old mom of two, from Montreal, working as a lab technician in an hospital specialized in heart disease. In her free time, she enjoys reading all things Paranormal and photography.

Follow Tynga on: Facebook | Twitter

32 People left their mark' :

  1. WOW, Marie, that's a very nice selection of books you have this week! I have Paperweight for review, and I really need to read it. Finding Paris looks awesome, as do several of your other new books.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic haul. I really can't wait to read I'll Meet You There.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute doggy ^^ I had to find my cats new families because my youngest is allergic. I miss having a furry friend :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got so many amazing books this week!Hope you enjoy them...They all seem amazing so I can't wait to check them out and see what they're about.Happy Reading!

    Elena @ Book Lady's Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your new puppy is ADORABLE! We only have a cat here, however a family friend is visiting and he has his Shih-tzu/miniature long haired dachshund here while visiting. She is a hoot. It's fun to watch my cat and her play, they love each other.

    Also - HAPPY VALENTINES DAY EVERYONE! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll Meet You There is amazing! Definitely one of my all time favorites. Hope you will enjoy it when you get to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tucker is absolutely adorable. And, you got some books I'm coveting too. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You picked up a few I've had on my TBR. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. AWWW! Such a cute puppy and an awesome haul! Oh, I need to get Dreamfire! Have a great weekend! Happy reading :)

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great group of books but the puppy steals the show.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You got some amazing books this week. I really like the puppy. He is adorable and will definitely be keeping you busy.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your puppy! Great stash and Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've heard that the Isla books are wonderful. I think I need to add those to my reading list for 2015. Also, I watched a BBC documentary about Alan Turing last night. I still want to go see the new movie, but haven't been able to find time for it.

    Lots of good books you've got there! (And the puppy is cute, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  14. ADORABLE!!! Enjoy him!!! Great stack this week. Lots of good in there! Oh and why do we have to wait to comment on this page? I've never seen that before!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tucker looks adorable! Got me interested in Finding Paris. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aww, your new pup is just ADORABLE!

    Great book haul and there are some on there that I need to read, like right now!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a big haul. I always wonder over how many we haul per week versus how many we can possibly read in a week. It's no wonder the pile only grows, never shrinks.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my gosh, your puppy is SO CUTE! :D

    You got some wonderful books to read! I really want to read Can't Look Away, I'll Meet You There and Finding Paris - they look excellent.

    Enjoy your new books! :)

    Kyra @ Blog of a Bookaholic
    My STS Post!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Tucker! He looks adorable, indeed!Love your book hauls! Gonna read Isla & The Happy Ever After soon!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations on the new puppy! Tucker is adorable! And great book haul! I didn't realize that there was a sequel to Half Bad, so looking forward to reading Half Wild! Hope you enjoy all your new goodies, and have fun with Tucker!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Interesting books you got there! I really want to read Isla, but I don't have a copy yet. Haha! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awww...Tucker is adorable! Enjoy him!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome stack and that dog!!! Adorable! :) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  24. AWWW He's so darn cute. Happy Valentine's Day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Omg! That dog is so adorable. Nice haul. I love the cover for Dreamfire.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Cute puppy! I really liked I'll Meet You There. I also have Paperweight and The Cage on my review stack. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I don't think I really saw a single one of those books all I saw was that adorable puppy face that I just want to smoosh!! Such cuteness!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Some of these look fantastic! Hope you enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  29. [* WordPress Simple Firewall plugin marked this comment as "pending" because: Human SPAM filter found "oy" in "comment_content". *]
    Enjoy your new books!

    Come and check out OUaT's STS and ENTER our giveaways!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Tucker is adorable! I'm guessing he might be more of a distraction than a reading buddy for awhile. :-) Like my puppies are. Great haul this week!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great haul! A Cold Legacy was really good. Forbidden and I'll Meet You there are on my to-read list. Ooh...and Half Wild! I still need to read the first one first though. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete