**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Friday, February 27, 2015

The Beautiful Ashes by Jeaniene Frost

What if your destiny wasn't set in stone? What if you could change it? That's exactly what Ivy and Adrian are hoping for because if Destiny has it its way, Adrian is bound to betray her. And it might just crush them both.

The Beautiful Ashes is the first book in a new series by Jeaniene Frost, and I truly enjoyed it. The one thing that fells weird though, is that I am so used to reading Jeaniene's books in the Cat & Bones & Vlad world, that if I hadn't known she had written Beautiful Ashes, I probably wouldn't have guessed. Don't get me wrong, both series are equally awesome, but they are soooo different, Broken Destiny doesn't scream Jeaniene Frost, you know? I guess I'll get used to it lol

Ivy really impressed me with her inner strength. She starts the book as a loony girl (because she sees things everyone else can't see) and when her sister goes missing, and her parents die while looking for her, she choose to investigate and stumbles into the world of Archons (angels), Demons, and sexy-as-it-gets Adrian. Despite the whole thing being quite the shock (to say the least) she takes everything is stride and commits a 100% to rescuing her sister. Her determination is unwavering in front of less-than-stellar chances of success and her devotion is commendable.

Adrian is too damn good to be true, and it's the correct definition. Sexy as a god, with impossible abilities, the guy is also full of secrets and bound by his destiny to betray Ivy. I truly liked him. He was the perfect blend of bad boy aiming for redemption, yet not quite succeeding. He has a crushing past, revenge on his mind, and yet the best of intentions he can get, but it still isn't enough.

The two of them were magnetic together and I loved watching them collide, argue and fight will battles. In dire moments, their complicity was spot-on yet they couldn't stand to be in the same room most of the time. Both of them together really was like a weird tango, both parties trying to dominate. Adrian clearly has the advantage, but it won't stop Ivy to keep pushing.

Secondary characters were also great and I wonder how big of a part they will play in the next installment.

Frost blessed us with a plot filled with danger, cliff-hangers and twist-and-turns that would make a roller-coaster proud. She drops each bomb-like revelation at the right timing, destabilizing both the characters, and the readers.

I was highly satisfied with the conclusion and I can't wait for the second Broken Destiny installment. Ivy's  quest, and her relationship with Adrian will keep me riveted to the pages I'm quite sure! The Beautiful Ashes is a must-read for Jeaniene Frost fans and new readers, both.

 

Tynga is a 32 years old mom of two, from Montreal, working as a lab technician in an hospital specialized in heart disease. In her free time, she enjoys reading all things Paranormal and photography.

Follow Tynga on: Facebook | Twitter

2 People left their mark' :

  1. I haven't read this author, and had really hoped to get a copy of this at BEA last summer. But alas, I didn't. It's still on my TBR list on Goodreads though, so maybe one day. Your review makes me still interested in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. its def worth trying! Maybe you can get it at the library?

    ReplyDelete