**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Wednesday, September 03, 2014

The Vault Of Dreamers by Caragh M. O'Brien

The Vault Of Dreamers was one of my anticipated books of fall 2014 and yet, it's also one of the most disappointing books of the year for me. This book has an amazing premise that involves a dystopian game show, but this book is poorly executed with a deadly slow-paced plot and characters that are terribly bland. I felt so tempted to abandon this book several times while reading because I never felt any connection to any of the characters.

Welcome to the Forge School where students are monitored for 12 hours a day and their every move is displayed on TV in a Big Brother-esque show. After a long 12 hour day, students are forced to take sleeping pills and into a 12 hour slumber, but things aren't quite that simple as Rosie discovers. All it takes is a simple act of resistance and suddenly Rosie's world turns upside down.

I'm not sure why anyone would want to watch The Forge Show for 12 hours, let alone for more than 5 minutes. The characters on this show aren't interesting at all and are very bland to the point where their character arcs are virtually non-existent. For a reality show, these characters don't have large personalities and this show doesn't really have much drama. I don't quite get why hundreds of thousands of people watch this show for hours on end, if it were me I'd probably flip to a different channel.

The Vault Of Dreamers features a love triangle, one that is flimsily constructed and unmemorable. I'm not a huge fan of love triangles because they're over done and Vault has such an unnecessary one. The two love interests are Linus and Burnham, both of which lack development and were characters I couldn't care about. This love triangle doesn't really add much to the story and merely added cliche moments to the plot.

Vault is a so-so start to a new series and I had very little interest in Rosie's adventures to the point where I struggled to finish this book. I was really put off by the romance and the incredibly slow-pace of this nove, I know that I'll be skipping the sequel.

Tynga is a 32 years old mom of two, from Montreal, working as a lab technician in an hospital specialized in heart disease. In her free time, she enjoys reading all things Paranormal and photography.

Follow Tynga on: Facebook | Twitter

4 People left their mark' :

  1. I drop a leave a response each time I especially enjoy a post on a site or if I have
    something to contribute to the discussion. Usually it is caused by the fire communicated in the article I looked at.
    And on this article The Vault Of Dreamers by Caragh
    M. O

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's up to every body, it's my first pay a visit
    of this webpage; this blog contains awesome and truly fine material designed for readers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm truly enjoying the design and layout off your site.
    It's a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more pleasant for me to come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a developer to create ypur theme?
    Fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like it should be a very exciting book, so it's really too bad it's not. If the school is a reality show, it should be filled with crazy big personalities and lots of drama.

    ReplyDelete