**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Friday, September 12, 2014

Magic Burns by Ilona Andrews

Kate set out on a mission with her friend Jim. It should've been easy, locate pyromaniac, bag him, cash in and go home. Unfortunately, a mysterious shooter kills their target right in front of them, and Kate finds herself in loads of trouble.

Another amazing installment in this urban fantasy that's slowly climbing its way on my favorite series list. Kate is such a great heroine. She's got spunk, she's though and she's got a big heart. She's a no non-sense girl that somehow always finds herself in the worst positions possible, and manages to finish on top. I really like her attitude and her lines are at time funny, sometimes sarcastic and less often, but no less important, very touching. I really liked every moment of this second book and I hope she won't be as lonely in the future. I liked witnessing her mom instincts kicking in with Julie and I hope we will see more of the girl in the future!

Curran, oh Curran, my only complaint is that there wasn't enough of him. I really love this lion and his attitude. His simple yet magnificent way of showing Kate his interest and two scenes particularly rocked my world. When they fought at about 70% of the book I wanted to get my poms-poms out and do a little cheer dance and the very end when he brew coffee for her, *AAAAAAAwwwwwwwwwwwwww* too cute for words. This is promising, and god I can't wait for more!

The actions was once again quite satisfying but i have to confess I had a hard time keeping track of all the mythology involved. There were just so many myths blending together that my sleepless brain just couldn't handle it lol It didn't hinder my enjoyment of the novel though, so all is well. On the plus side, the characterization was a smooth ride this time around. Having just read the first book the characters were familiar and the few knew ones where easier to integrate.

The Kate Daniels series is a great urban fantasy ride and if like me you are late to the show, I urge you to give it a shot. Fans of Jeaniene Frost and Patricia Briggs are sure to find something to like!

tynga

 

Tynga is a 32 years old mom of two, from Montreal, working as a lab technician in an hospital specialized in heart disease. In her free time, she enjoys reading all things Paranormal and photography.

Follow Tynga on: Facebook | Twitter

1 Person left their mark:

  1. Yeah! Glad you loved it. Just wait til you finish the next book! =))

    ReplyDelete