**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Fracture Me by Tahereh Mafi

Tahereh Mafi's first novella, DESTROY ME, wowed me beyond belief. Getting into Warner's mind was absolutely stupendous and that novella is singlehandedly responsible for making me love him. Naturally, I was nothing short of excited for Mafi's second novella. However, I'm sad to say that despite the fact that the novella was satisfactory, it did not wow me at all.

This was pretty much a re-telling of one of the last scenes in book two, UNRAVEL ME, told in Adam's perspective. Naturally, if you read book two, you know what happens so this does provide a very interesting comparison to what some characters believe happens and what actually happened. This certainly explains the mindset of most of the Omega Point members that we are going to encounter at the beginning of book three, which does just enough to saturate my hunger while I wait for book three.

However, with all that in mind, I have to say that I did not enjoy being in Adam's mind at all. While Warner's mind is very twisted because of his desperation to please his father and his intense fascination with Juliette, Adam's mind is very condescending. Sure, he admits he loves Juliette countless times, but I just don't feel it. I did not connect with his emotions or his feelings the way that I have Mafi's others characters. It makes me question where the connection I made with Adam in book one went. Now, it seems he's only condescending towards Juliette, the girl he loves. He treats his ten year old brother like more of an adult and literally compares Juliette to a child at one point.

In the end, this novella served to frustrate me more than anything else. While it makes me curious for book three, it made me lose faith in a character that I initially didn't mind. Again, it made me curious for aspects of book three, so I suppose it served its purpose. But, if anything, it solidified my placement on Team Warner.lilisig

Tynga is a 32 years old mom of two, from Montreal, working as a lab technician in an hospital specialized in heart disease. In her free time, she enjoys reading all things Paranormal and photography.

Follow Tynga on: Facebook | Twitter

0 comments:

Post a Comment