**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Friday, February 21, 2014

Archer's Sin by Amy Raby

I had the immense honor to be a beta reader for this novella, a strike of luck really because I stumbled upon Amy's requests for early readers, and let me tell you, I didn't have any negative feedback to give her! I really enjoyed this novella and it fits right into the spirit of this amazing series.

The events of this story take place about 5 years after the events of Assassin's Gambit (Spy's Honor, the second book in the series is actually a prequel, in case you didn't know), and while you could technically read this novella first, I'm afraid you might be a little lost and not completely grasp to importance of some events.

We meet Nalica and Justien, two giant archers from the country side, competing in a festival for a high position of guard of the city. It's a very coveted price in a world where mercenary for hire isn't as popular as it used to be and I truly loved that this novella featured archery almost exclusively. I followed each step of the tournament from the edge of my seat, and the conclusion simply baffled me!

I really appreciated the growing complicity between our heroes, and while they were quick to business, as I guess it was the custom back then, I really think they fit well together. They faced some moral issues and they didn't always agree so it made for interesting exchanges.

I'd also like to mention that despite the series being published by Signet, this novella is self-published, and Amy designed this cover herself. I think she did a pretty fine job!

If I had a small downside to mention, and it's no big deal really, it's that I don't really get the title. Archer, yes of course, but sin? Neither heroes committed a sin I can think of, but really, it's just a detail!

This novella is for sale for less than a dollar and it's worth every penny. You should definitely give it a shot, especially if you liked Assassin's Gambit.

tynga

Tynga is a 32 years old mom of two, from Montreal, working as a lab technician in an hospital specialized in heart disease. In her free time, she enjoys reading all things Paranormal and photography.

Follow Tynga on: Facebook | Twitter

3 People left their mark' :

  1. Nice review Tynga, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent website you have here but I was curious about
    if you knew of any discussion boards that cover the same topics discussed here?
    I'd really love to be a part of group where I can get feedback from
    other knowledgeable people that share the same interest.
    If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete