Welcome to Tynga's Reviews — Where the story began. Reviews published before June 2017 may have simplified formatting. Thanks for being here. ♥

Thursday, September 03, 2026

Review: A Kiss of Iron (Shadows of the Tenebris Court, #1) by Clare Sager

This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Tynga's Reviews! ♥

A Kiss of Iron (Shadows of the Tenebris Court, #1)

A Kiss of Iron (Shadows of the Tenebris Court, #1)

by Clare Sager

★★★★★

Read: June 6, 2025

608 pages


This book absolutely wrecked me, in the best way. It’s a slow-burn, enemies-to-lovers romantasy laced with espionage, court intrigue, fae politics, and the kind of yearning that claws straight through your chest. Lady Katerine is the kind of heroine I ache for: desperate but proud, backed into corners but never broken, and forced to walk a razor’s edge between survival and sacrifice. And Bastien? Bastien is pure trouble, sharp, unreadable, dirty mouthed and dangerously patient. He’s the kind of morally gray love interest who plays the long game while hiding a firestorm beneath the surface. Also, did I mention he is a shadow daddy?

The tension is exquisite. Forced proximity, secret agendas, unspoken devotion… all the hallmarks of a perfect slow unraveling. But it’s not just about heat and flirtation. There’s real pain here, trauma, betrayal, and impossible choices that make your heart race and ache at the same time. I was hooked not just by the romance, but by the mystery, the stakes, the way trust is tested and shattered and pieced back together with bloody hands.

And the ending? Gut punch. It delivers on everything the book built toward: twists, consequences, and a desperate bid for love that doesn’t feel easy or clean… just earned.

If you love slow burns with dangerous men, fierce women who refuse to surrender, and morally tangled stories full of secrets and sacrifice... A Kiss of Iron is a ride you’ll want to take. Just be ready to bleed a little on the way down.

View on Goodreads



Track your own reading journey ✦

Discover Tynga Publishing Reading Journals

Hey, I'm Tynga! Montreal-based mom of two and lifelong book lover. I started this blog in 2009 reviewing PNR and UF, and over the years my shelves expanded into Romantasy, Dark Romance, and Dark Rom-Com. This blog is the archive. These days, my bookish life lives mostly on TikTok. I also create reading journals through Tynga Publishing — designed by a reader, for readers.

Tiktok | Instagram | My Reading Journals

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Join the Inner Circle

Free 2026 Reading Bingo printable, occasional freebies and new-release updates for all Tynga Publishing reading journals.