Welcome to Tynga's Reviews — Where the story began. Reviews published before June 2017 may have simplified formatting. Thanks for being here. ♥

Thursday, September 10, 2026

Review: Dead Drop (The Guild, #2) by Tate James

This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Tynga's Reviews! ♥

Dead Drop (The Guild, #2)

Dead Drop (The Guild, #2)

by Tate James

★★★★★

Read: November 10, 2025

559 pages


This book grabbed me from the very first page and didn’t let go until the final, jaw-dropping twist. I devoured it in a mix of shock, amusement, and emotional whiplash—Tate James really knows how to keep readers guessing and gasping.

Danny is such a complex, capable FMC. Her moral code and sharp instincts are a steady compass in a world that’s equal parts brutal and seductive. The men circling her are feral, broken, and obsessed in the most unhinged and captivating ways. Leon, in particular, had me in stitches and swooning all at once (the coffee scene? I howled!). And Kai… well, he’s got layers, and I’m not sure we’ve seen the deepest ones yet. I'm strongly on team Leon btw!

The banter, the betrayals, the flashbacks, and the constant emotional tug-of-war made this installment a rollercoaster. The stakes are personal and bloody, and every new revelation left me clawing for more.

I can't wait to get started on book 3!

View on Goodreads


Track your own reading journey ✦

Discover Tynga Publishing Reading Journals

Hey, I'm Tynga! Montreal-based mom of two and lifelong book lover. I started this blog in 2009 reviewing PNR and UF, and over the years my shelves expanded into Romantasy, Dark Romance, and Dark Rom-Com. This blog is the archive. These days, my bookish life lives mostly on TikTok. I also create reading journals through Tynga Publishing — designed by a reader, for readers.

Tiktok | Instagram | My Reading Journals

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Join the Inner Circle

Free 2026 Reading Bingo printable, occasional freebies and new-release updates for all Tynga Publishing reading journals.