Welcome to Tynga's Reviews — Where the story began. Reviews published before June 2017 may have simplified formatting. Thanks for being here. ♥

Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Review: Butcher & Blackbird (The Ruinous Love Trilogy #1) by Brynne Weaver

This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Tynga's Reviews! ♥





Butcher & Blackbird (The Ruinous Love Trilogy #1)

by Brynne Weaver

★★★★☆

Read: December 15, 2023

355 pages


What an amazing story!!! The relationship between Rowan and Sloan was simply perfect and I loved how Brynne handled the extended timeline (events happen over the course of 4+ years). The characters are simply perfect for each other and their banter was on point. Even though they are two psychos (their word, not mine) who kill other killers, there were so many sweet moments between the two of them. Honestly, I read it in 24 hours, I couldn't stop!
BTW the audiobook is a duet narration, and the narrators are AWESOME.

View on Goodreads


Track your own reading journey ✦

Discover Tynga Publishing Reading Journals

Hey, I'm Tynga! Montreal-based mom of two and lifelong book lover. I started this blog in 2009 reviewing PNR and UF, and over the years my shelves expanded into Romantasy, Dark Romance, and Dark Rom-Com. This blog is the archive. These days, my bookish life lives mostly on TikTok. I also create reading journals through Tynga Publishing — designed by a reader, for readers.

Tiktok | Instagram | My Reading Journals

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Join the Inner Circle

Free 2026 Reading Bingo printable, occasional freebies and new-release updates for all Tynga Publishing reading journals.