**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Saturday, August 15, 2015

Stacking The Shelves [172]

Stacking the Shelves


Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!


If you want to find out more about Stacking The Shelves, please visit the official launch page!


——————


Hello, all, I hope you're having a great Saturday.  What I have for you this time  is a mix of books I bought from home, books I bought at Comic-Con, a book I received as a gift, books I received for review purposes and one special book I got signed by the author!

Robert's August STS


Gearteeth by Timothy Black and Andersonville by   were two books I received for the purposes of review.  I won't go into my thoughts on them here but, you'll be able to see the reviews once each is posted.


I got Alive by Scott Sigler  as a part of a 2 for 1 deal at Comic-Con.  I have no idea what it's about but, I may give you all my impressions of it later!


Three is a book I got because the title caught my eye.  I thought it was a bold statement to go with such a short and enigmatic name.


Of course, what would an STS post from me be without at least one Sookie Stackhouse book in it.  This month is the 4th book in the series Dead to the World by Charlaine Harris.


Rachel Caine at Comic-Con


The other book I bought in my 2 for 1 deal was sold to me, written and signed by Rachel Caine!  Ink and Bone by Rachel Caine is high up on my todo list right after......


The Aeronaut's Windlass by Jim Butcher, first book in the new Cinder Spires series.  This was a major score by my lovely bride for me as an early birthday gift.  I am a truly lucky man. You will hear more from me later on this one.


For me, this one has been a truly eclectic gathering of titles and sources.  So tell me, what random acts of literature have you added to your shelves?


Roberts Signature


[inlinkz_linkup id=554615]

Tynga is a 32 years old mom of two, from Montreal, working as a lab technician in an hospital specialized in heart disease. In her free time, she enjoys reading all things Paranormal and photography.

Follow Tynga on: Facebook | Twitter

26 People left their mark' :

  1. I should try that new Jim Butcher series! But I have Ink and Bone to read too; should get round to that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous you got a copy of The Aeronaut's Windlass, Robert! I love Jim Butcher's stories, and I just can't wait to get my hands on that one.
    I hope you'll enjoy your other new books as well.
    Have a great weekend and happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read Ink and Bone, also. I imagine Andersonville to be a difficult read, so much cruelty and devastation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robert...great stack of books this week. I enjoyed Ink and Bone and hope you enjoy all your new books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so jealous of your signed copy of Rachel Caine's Ink and Bone. That series looks to be an excellent read. How I keep adding books to My Stacking the Shelves when I say I am going to cut back amazes me, although this month I did pretty good on sticking to purchasing books at independent bookstores and half price books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really need to read Ink & Bone. I've had that on my TBR list for quite a while and I just haven't read it yet. 'Too many books, too little time.' Great haul!

    Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a good bunch to me :-)
    Gearteeth's title and cover captures my attention this time around.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to read Ink and Bone, but Three looks interesting as well. I read most of the Sookie Series. I think I have the last three books left.

    Nice haul! Hope you enjoyed Comic-Con!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Lexxie! I'm looking forward to Ink and Bone and the others but, for now, it's all about The Aeronaut's Windlass!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ms. Caine seemed like a very nice lady and was gracious enough to allow pictures after I told her I would post them here. I hope the time never comes when authors get reticent about such things.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Stacy! Comic-Con was a BLAST! I always enjoy being around people who enjoy some of the same entertainment and art that I do. that is also why I love doing STS posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love me some Rachel Caine, I also got Ink and Bone :)
    Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, Grace! Blood and Bone is on my agenda right after Aeronaut's Windlass which is a beast of a book at over 600 pages. So far the difficulty isn't a lack of interest as much as carving out enough time to lose myself in the story.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's an interesting play on words and an equally interesting premise. I really do love the look and feel of steampunk. It has an aura of possibility about it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks, Bogdana! My nightstand is beginning to show signs of stress from the weight of my TBR list ;)

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I go into it more in my review but, your right, Elizabeth, Andersonville is not for the faint of heart. A definitely time for caveat emptor!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OOoh nice! Dead to the World was really good! I enjoyed the earlier Southern Vampire novels. They started getting "different" when the hardcover changed sizes...so I think book 8? Blanking on the title at the moment!

    Ooh signed copy! I couldn't get into Ink & Bone sadly. I tried, but around 100 pages I DNF'd it as it just wasn't for me. Hope you enjoy all the lovely new reads!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, I really want to read Ink and Bone, so hopefully you enjoy it. It looks like you got some fantastic books this past week!

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks, Jessica! I hate not finishing a book. Maybe it's a flaw in my character but, I just can't leave something like that unfinished. I'm like a dog with a...well...bone I guess ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Some great looking books and I hope you enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I read Alive, I'm a huge fan of Scott Sigler. Will be eager to see your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Honestly, I got as part of a 2 for 1 deal. I chose it because I recognized Scott Sigler's name. Now, I really look forward to reading it! Thanks Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Amazing haul. They all look really interesting and I like the swag with Ink and Bone too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks, Tizzy! I'm a total swag-hog. I have to stop myself from picking up all the little free-bees from events. Pens are always a must but, the rest I try to behave myself (somewhat).

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh, several of these look like really interesting reads. Hope you enjoy them.
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straightforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete