**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Stacking The Shelves [135]

Stacking the Shelves


Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!


If you want to find out more about Stacking The Shelves, please visit the official launch page!


——————


I hope all  have had a happy Thanksgiving and are recovering from your turkey overdose!  This time around, my acquisitions are a bit more eclectic.  In genre, I got the whole Savannah Witch series (that I will make further posts on), an old Sci-Fi classic, Have Gun Will Travel along side some of my new selections like Blood Rites: Dresden Files 6.
















The Line: Witching Savannah 1 by J. D.The Line Book 1The Source: Witching Savannah 2 by J. D. Horn Book Cover

The Source Book 2


The Void Witching Savannah 3 by J. D. Horn

The Void Book 3


Blood Rites: Dresden Files 6 By Jim ButcherBlood Rites Dresden Files 6By Jim ButcherWho Goes There by John W. CampbellWho Goes There By John W. Campbell

Have Space Suit Will Travel by Robert A Heinlein


Have Space Suit Will Travel by Robert A Heinlein




Out of genre, I have checked out a few more varied titles.








Legion Skin Deep by Brandon SandersonLegion Skin Deep by Brandon SandersonThe Disaster Artist book coverThe Disaster Artist by Greg Sestero and Tom Sisselicapturecastle1I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith 

I loved the first Legion novella so when this second in the series came out I snapped it up right away.  I caught The Disaster Artist on sale and believe it to be a real find.   It's so odd, it has to be true.  I Capture the Castle was a book I used to 'clean my literary palate'.  It's nice to get into a story that is a bit more grounded in reality and helps me get more out of fantasy.

Last but never least....

Lord of the RingsThe Lord of the Rings and bacon bookmark were for my son.  The sonic screwdriver (10th Doctor version) is mine.

 

 

 

 

 

What's new on your shelf?

Roberts Signature

[inlinkz_linkup id=471111]

Tynga is a 32 years old mom of two, from Montreal, working as a lab technician in an hospital specialized in heart disease. In her free time, she enjoys reading all things Paranormal and photography.

Follow Tynga on: Facebook | Twitter

22 People left their mark' :

  1. Ooh, I didn't know there was another Legion novella. *zips off to try and find it*

    Hope you enjoy the new books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great selection. I see several I need to check out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you get the Sonic Screwdriver? You got a few books that are new to me, but they do look interesting.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Line series sounds interesting with its southern gothic fantasy theme. Adding it to my tbr list. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh nice! All are new to me but I hope you enjoy each and every one of them!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We got the screwdriver, Lord of the Rings book and the bacon bookmark from Barnes and Noble.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Nikki. I've been waiting for that book for at least a month and have the next Reckoners book (Firefight) on preorder!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I couldn't help it, I have a minor addiction to the Dresden Files series!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Heinlein's books. I got introduced to them in my Sci-Fi course in school. Enjoy it!

    Jillyn @ Bitches n Prose

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like to dig in to the classics every so often. It's interesting to compare the older visions of the future against technology of today. There's probably a lesson there somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have got to get started on the Jim Butcher series. I hear such great things about it! Great haul this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have some great looking books. I hope you enjoy them all. Happy reading, Robert.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Robert, I really like the looks of the Witching Savannah series. I'll have to check those out. And, since you're such a SF fan (as well as fantasy), you might consider taking the 42 SF Challenge for 2015. We'd love to have you join us.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have to admit, one of my greatest draws to the Dresden series is the humor. The storylines, the characters and the writing style is all really good, too. The humor in the books will always be the cherry on top for me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'll have more to say later on the ,Witching Savannah, series ;) I will definitely check into the 42 SF Challenge, Elsi. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I need to check out the Harry Dresden books. I've been getting the comic books and I loved the TV show. I did download the first book on my Kindle, but haven't read it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  17. As usual, Tammy, the books are better than the show. I liked the show but, the characters are richer and deeper in the books. Also, the shoe gave me a decent mental image for Harry. None of the other characters quite matched up.

    ReplyDelete
  18. If you desire to take a great deal from this post then you
    have to apply such methods to your won blog.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your position of the sports activity increased
    better and greater since enhancements ended up designed to make sports far more interesting at
    the same time frame ferocious as well as intriguing. The flora is somewhat different from insular
    countries such as Indonesia or the Philippines. You then create an article or weblog post engineered
    to capture the awareness of a possible customer.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Everything is very open with a very clear explanation of the issues.
    It was truly informative. Your website is useful.
    Many thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete