**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Saturday, November 01, 2014

Stacking The Shelves (131)

Stacking the Shelves


Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!


If you want to find out more about Stacking The Shelves, please visit the official launch page!


——————


I wanted to start this week with some really cool Halloween picks to get me in the mood for yesterday but, life just didn't alllow for as much fun stuff as I wanted.  Fortunately,  Mr G.R.R. Martin came to the rescue and released a book I couldn't ignore.  So far, it's a must have for anybody who is a fan of the A Song of Ice and Fire series


The Untold History of Westeros and the Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire)


The World of Ice and Fire: An Untold History of Westeros and the Game of Thrones  by George R. R. Martin, Eliot Garcia and Linda Antonsson


Jane Yellowrock: Broken Soul by Faith Hunter


Broken Soul (Jane Yellowrock)  by Faith Hunbter


Mitosis: A Reckoners Story by Brandon Sanderson


Mitosis- A Reckoners Story by Brandon Sanderson


 

As you can see, it's been about getting back together with old friends for me lately.  It's great to see familiar characters taken in new directions.  That's another reason I'm looking forward to the next Reckoners book from Brandon Sanderson next year.  I am always open to suggestions of books, authors or series so, I'll be checking out your STS submissions!

Robert


[inlinkz_linkup id=461372]

Tynga is a 32 years old mom of two, from Montreal, working as a lab technician in an hospital specialized in heart disease. In her free time, she enjoys reading all things Paranormal and photography.

Follow Tynga on: Facebook | Twitter

24 People left their mark' :

  1. Very nice selection, Robert! I haven't started GRRM's series yet, but I have some of the first ones on audio.
    I've been reading more about 'old' friends lately too, it's like I needed a back to basics to be in the mood for reading these days.
    Have a fantastic weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got World of Ice & Fire this week too, it was a 'must buy' book for me and I can't wait to dive into it, hopefully it will be worth the wait. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great selection. Have a great weekend!
    Diane @ Diane's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice selection of books. My mother definitely would like the George R. Martin books. Have a lovely weekend.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to read the Reckoners series. I forgot that there were short eBooks. Enjoy your books!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got Mitosis this week as a free audio book. Enjoyed visiting that world again. Now I am ready for book 2.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice picks! I haven't read any of those yet, but I hope to get a chance.

    My Stacking The Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice! Those are new to me ones! Hope you enjoy them all!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Lexxie! For me, I used those first few audiobooks as a way to get through my daily chores (I'm the head chef and dishwasher at my house) GRRM paints vivid pictures with words and Roy Dotrice brings them to life very well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so far, Fi. It's how I would picture it might be to learn from a maester of the Citadel. I hope you enjoy it to!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Me, too, Jo! Mitosis was just enough to get me back in the mood for the next book. I'm looking forward to more Epics and bad metaphors from David.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you try it and enjoy it, Michelle. I have a review of 'Steelheart' coming up soon as preparation for the second in the series 'Firefight'. Brandon Sanderson is also following up his short story 'Legion' with a full novel 'Legion: Skin Deep'. That's another one I'm looking forward too!
    I hope you and your Little Minion had an awesome Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, Jennifer. I always thought of forums like this as a way to try new stories out. I hope you get that chance!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks, Jessica! I hope you saw something you want to check out more.

    ReplyDelete
  15. And to you, as well, Jillyn!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks, Diane! I hope you have a great weekend as well!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You can't let Mom have all the fun, Grace! Have an awesome weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm a huge fan of The Song of Ice and Fire series but I don't think my budget will like The World of Ice & Fire's price. I'll definitely be checking it out of the library, however. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. After I bought all of the GRRM books, they're just sitting there! I do need to get on the ball and start reading. But with my high priority "fun" books and review books, there's just not been a lot of time.

    Thanks for coordinating Stacking the Shelves. I've found it helps me keep track of what books I obtain -- and when. Unfortunately, reading all the other posts keeps increasing the size of my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Elsi, if only the world understood what was really important (my reading list) it would be a happier place ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have to confess: I cheat with the Song of Ice and Fire- I use audiobooks. There is no other way to get through them with my schedule. Besides, it makes washing dishes and folding clothes bearable ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'd love to get around to reading George R.R. Martin at some point but I feel like it'll be quite the undertaking! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm interested in that Brandon Sanderson book, it looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete