**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Thursday, January 21, 2016

Ink Exchange by Melissa Marr

I was so lost for so much of this book. I read Wicked Lovely last year and I guess it didn't really impact me. I spent much of the book trying to remember these characters, and whether or not I should like them.

I didn't like any of them.

The protagonist is in a HORRIFIC life situation, with an absentee dad who can't even manage to pay the power bill and a recent sexual assault and a drug dealer brother. She makes this great ( <-- sarcasm) life choice to get a big tattoo and it manages to wreck her life further by putting her squarely in the middle of a big faery court battle. The guy who gives her the tattoo doesn't warn her and doesn't help her and never falls under any retribution for what he's done. The protagonist's best friend is a queen of a faery court, but she's very laissez-afire about the whole thing and tries to avoid getting involved and helping her friend.

The whole book is so freaking dark and depressing!

But that's just my singular impression.  This series is wide-read and loved by some.  It does have faeries, which I usually love.  These faeries are on the darker side of magic, though.  I could totally see if you like bad-boy romance, you'd like these books.  Also, while not a book series I'd hand to younger teens, I would hand it to an older teen who is looking for edgy romance.  So while I did not get into this book, others may.  Sometimes you just have to be in the right mood.

Marie

Tynga is a 32 years old mom of two, from Montreal, working as a lab technician in an hospital specialized in heart disease. In her free time, she enjoys reading all things Paranormal and photography.

Follow Tynga on: Facebook | Twitter

2 People left their mark' :

  1. Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy this one. I haven't read it yet, so I can't say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our website is number 1 in C# Assignment Help. This is preferred destination for various students to get their C# (C Sharp) Projects and C# Homework Help. CSharpAid.com is easily the number 1 destination to get C #, C Sharp programming help.

    ReplyDelete