**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Saturday, September 12, 2015

Stacking The Shelves [176]

Stacking the Shelves


Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!


If you want to find out more about Stacking The Shelves, please visit the official launch page!


——————


Happy Saturday, everybody!!  Autumn is just around the corner and that means Halloween is just around the corner.  I got a couple of titles to help set the spirit along with a couple of other books that looked interesting.


Robert's STS


DiergentBoxset


Dead as a Doornail by Charlaine Harris and Tales from the Nightside by Simon R. Green are definitely a couple of titles to start getting one in the mood for Halloween.  I may have more to say on those books later. A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab can also help set the tone for that holiday and I've already let you know my thoughts here.


The Sign of Four by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle takes me back to where I got my love of detective stories with yet another Sherlock Holmes mystery. I even got a more modern take on murder mystery with Death and the Redheaded Woman by Loretta Ross.  It's not a real heavy story but, it's very entertaining.


The Nightingale by Kristen Hannah was a surprise discovery.  It's set in World War II France and gives us a peek into the war-torn country.  Ms. Hannah allows us to see French society in the microcosm of one French family.  It is one of the more touching and poignant stories I've read this year.


My lovely bride has treated me again, this time with the Divergent box set.  I have yet to read any of the books or even see the movies.  Odd since one of my nephew's is an extra in the second movie.


So, please, let me know what mysteries, myths and memoirs have made it on to your shelves!


Roberts Signature[inlinkz_linkup id=562777]


 

Tynga is a 32 years old mom of two, from Montreal, working as a lab technician in an hospital specialized in heart disease. In her free time, she enjoys reading all things Paranormal and photography.

Follow Tynga on: Facebook | Twitter

22 People left their mark' :

  1. I really loved The Nightingale - a great choice which gives an insight into the war that isn't often captured in literature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the Divergent boxed set. Yet to read it, though. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Halloween theme. Those are some great books! Have fun reading.

    Diane @ Diane's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to read more Sherlock, get back to some classics, but nothing too heavy. Hope you enjoy your Divergent books, they are excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Nightingale! I haven't read it yet, but I'm hoping to get to it before the end of this year. Also want to read A Darker Shade of Magic - just need to get a copy of it first!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed The Sign of Four! I'm hoping to read more Sherlock Homes soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, you picked some great books. I'm still trying to get through the Charlaine Harris series myself.

    I have the first three Divergent books - I didn't even know they made a fourth. I've only read the first one, but I enjoyed it. I thought the movies were pretty good, too.

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes! good ones for the season. Still have VE Schwab's first one waiting in the wings. Definitely read Divergent before seeing the movies. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah Robert ... some authors in your list that I enjoy. Thanks for sharing your newest books with us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've got some good reads there. :) I have read the first three in the Divergent series and didn't know about #4. I may have to see if the library has it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVED A Darker Shade Of Magic! So so good, I can't wait for the next one.

    Have you read the Sookie books before? I like them, very different from the TV show though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been going through the Sookie Stackhouse series one book per month and I'm up to the 5th book. Like A Game of Thrones, True Blood followed a lot of the main story lines and themes but, some parts and characters were changed, not used or even highlighted more in the HBO series. I have enjoyed each on it's own merits. They are both just good, campy fun entertainment.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, Laura! I look forward to diving into the Divergent series once I get caught up on couple of other projects. It's coming up on the busiest part of the year at work so, lunch (and maybe dinner)breaks may be my only chances to keep up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you, Elsi!. This was a mix of old favorites and new finds.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've heard so much about The Nightingale by Kristen Hannah but still haven't read it. I'll probably read it this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow! That's cool about your nephew! I still need to read Four myself. I enjoyed the books despite the series ending. Besides Dead as a Doornail these are basically new to me reads! Hope you enjoy them all!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great collection of books, Robert! I read The Nightingale several months ago and it will easily be one of my favorites of 2015. Very powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Have a great time with your spooky reads. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice book haul. You're going to be busy reading. :)
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straightforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love reading spooky books at this time of year. The Sookie books are a favorite of mine. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You're haul reminds me that I still need to finish reading the Sookie Stackhouse series. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete