**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Friday, May 15, 2015

The Ruby Circle by Richelle Mead

Something finally happened to Jill! I swear, I almost fell off my chair when I heard the news. This whole endeavor started to protect Jill from ill intentioned Moroi and yet nothing ever threatened her... until now. Sydney and Adrian want more than anything to retrieve the sweet girl, but locked away at court to stay protected from the Alchemists is making it very hard to run an investigation. When an escape opportunity presents itself though, they can't let it pass...

I really enjoyed this last installment in the series. Life as a married couple isn't like exactly like either characters thought, especially with Adrian's mom in the way, but they make the best of what they have. At least they are together now. Both are as determined as ever to retrieve Jill and will work really hard toward that goal and I can only command them for their determination and resourcefulness.

The investigation to locate the moroi princess was full of action and surprises and I truly enjoyed every twist. I never in a thousand years guessed who the villein was until it was revealed, and that's always a thrill when it happens! I think my favorite element was the side plot with the quest to find Olive, the moments at the commune and the tiny (literally) surprise. And who would've thought those two were cousins! WOW!

Something I really like also was that Rose and Dimitri held a more important place this time around. They've made guest appearances in the past, but now they are really part of the support team. I love how Mead wrapped up everything and I really really appreciated the epilogue. It was so nice to see how everything went a bit over a year after the big final smackdown.

Richelle hinted that even though this series was over, there might be more books int his universe in the future. I wonder what she has in mind!

tynsignew

 

Tynga is a 32 years old mom of two, from Montreal, working as a lab technician in an hospital specialized in heart disease. In her free time, she enjoys reading all things Paranormal and photography.

Follow Tynga on: Facebook | Twitter

4 People left their mark' :

  1. I haven't started this series yet. Since I didn't like VA, I just decided not to even bother with this one. I may change my mind in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you read Richelle's adult series? They are really awesome, and very different from VA

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you liked it! I haven't had a chance to read it yet but I really like Silver Shadows! It's good to hear that it wasn't a total let down like a lot of books that end a series. That could be interesting if she decides to write more books in the universe :D Great review!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Laura! After writing my review I checked other's on goodreads and it seems to be pretty mixed hehe

    ReplyDelete