**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Kitty and the Midnight Hour by Carrie Vaughn

276-1

Kitty Norville is a midnight-shift DJ for a Denver radio station - and she also happens to be a werewolf. One night, sick of the usual lame song requests, she accidentally starts 'The Midnight Hour', a late-night advice show for the supernaturally disadvantaged. Almost immediately she's deluged by calls from desperate vampires, werewolves and witches from all across the country, wanting to share their woes and ask her advice.
Kitty's new show is a raging success, but it's Kitty herself who could use some help, not least because her monthly change is a deep and dark secret to all but a very special few.
And when she finds one very sexy werewolf-hunter on her tail, not to mention a few homicidal undead, she realises she may just may have bitten off more than she can chew...

Kitty Norville, werewolf and late night DJ is the main character of this original series. Her life changed three years ago when the worst night of her life ended by a werewolf’s attack. She’s always been the cub of her Pack, happy to lay low and mind her own business but her life will take a surprising twist when her KNOB show turns into a Paranormal talk show.

I really enjoyed the first book in the Kitty series and I particularly liked the whole “Midnight Hour” concept (Kitty’s show). I thought this open-line drama was plenty original and refreshing and Kitty often surprised me with instinctive and smart answers. She is such an amazing character, her human half clashing fabulously with her wolf for an entertaining result. I appreciated how every decision were considered by both sides of her personality and that she would sometimes side with one and then the other. On first degree she’s like the girl next door, nice and simple, but her life is so much more complicated than that. And I liked every layers.

TJ, a pack mate and best friend, was amazing. I loved his wild cowboy feel and the way he cared for her. Cormac was also quite a show. His relation with Kitty started with fireworks and I enjoyed watching its evolution. I really hope we’ll see more of him in the next books.

The vampire and werewolf lore are rather classic in this book but I think it’s the character’s voice that makes this story unique, and I can’t wait to see what’s in store. The end wrapped-up nicely even though I wished it ended differently, what can I say, I’m a new-age romantic. The door is are wide open for new adventures and I’m anxious to discover them!

Overall, Carrie’s traditional lore paired up with action and suspense to deliver a book that will keep you on your toes the whole time!

Read an excerpt

 

Kitty Norville series:

Kitty and The Midnight Hour

Kitty Goes to Washington

Kitty Takes a Holiday

Kitty and the Silver Bullet

Kitty and the Dead Man's Hand

Kitty Raises Hell

Kitty's House of Horrors

Kitty Goes to War

Book Stats:

  • Mass Market Paperback: 288 pages The Book Depository
  • Publisher: Grand Central Publishing (November 1, 2005)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0446616419
  • ISBN-13: 978-0446616416

     

    Book Source: Personal Shelf

  • Tynga is a 32 years old mom of two, from Montreal, working as a lab technician in an hospital specialized in heart disease. In her free time, she enjoys reading all things Paranormal and photography.

    Follow Tynga on: Facebook | Twitter

    5 People left their mark' :

    1. Thanks for the review!
      I haven't tried this series yet but I have been reading only good words!!

      ReplyDelete
    2. I remember searching about this series, then it completely slipped my mind. Now, it's back under my radar, and I can't wait to read it.

      Great review!

      ReplyDelete
    3. I love this series - I'm glad you liked it and would definitely advise you to continue the series :)

      ReplyDelete
    4. cool. I have this book sitting on my TBR shelf. Will have to give it a try soon.

      ReplyDelete
    5. Hi Tynga,

      So glad you enjoyed the first book in the series..I have recently just finished Kitty Takes a Holiday!

      Can't wait to see your future reviews =)

      Naomi aka Supernatural Bookworm

      ReplyDelete