**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Guest Post with Jocelynn Drake

 

(source: Jocelynn Website)

Today is the release of the much anticipated novel Wait for Dusk by Jocelynn Drake!

05

There is no sanctuary in the night…

Feared even by her own kind for her mastery of fire, the Nightwalker Mira is summoned by the Coven to take her rightful place as Elder. But with this honor comes grave responsibility—a commitment to the annihilation of the unleashed naturi. For now the foul creatures walk the earth—and neither vampire nor human will survive their horrific onslaught.

A tide of blood is sweeping relentlessly across the European continent, as Mira is dispatched to Budapest for the most devastating test yet of her astonishing powers—and falls into a well-laid trap. With the dark secrets that haunt her growing darker by the hour, she must confront the terrible truth of her past and protect her fragile sanity in the face of unanticipated treachery—a betrayal by her ally, her enemy, her lover…the vampire slayer, Danaus.  

To celebrate the event, We have another edition of the Nightwalker Nightly (you can read the first episode here). Tonight, we have the honor to meet Valerio!

------------

Good evening and welcome to another edition of Nightwalker Nightly, a hard-hitting news program dedicated to giving you the edge you need each night you step outside your door. 

First off tonight, nightwalkers are to remain on high alert when out at night due to the continued naturi infestation of the major cities and countryside around the globe.  We urge nightwalkers to continue to travel and hunt in packs, while taking extra precautions to protect your lair before the sunrise each day. 

In other news, Mira has been officially inducted as a member of the Coven as an Elder after a brief scuffle with Yuri from Russia.  From the reports that are coming from the Coven court, it appears that Yuri did not think Mira had the best interest of her race in mind, particularly now that she has proclaimed Danaus to be her Consort.

Also in reports coming out of the Coven, the Elders are going to visiting various cities throughout Europe in an effort to restore order and get rid of the naturi that are nesting there.  Hopes are running high that Aurora will be next on their list of naturi to be exterminated, but no plans have been reported as of yet.

Moving on to tonight’s special guest, we have been given a rare opportunity to speak with Valerio.  A long-time member of the Coven court and a frequent supporter of both Jabari and Tabor, may he rest in peace, Valerio makes his home in Vienna and is frequently seen at Mira’s side as she travels throughout Europe.

Interviewer:  Valerio, first off, I want to say what an honor it is to have you with us tonight.  Your reputation precedes you as a powerful and wise nightwalker who has seen the changing times of the world, and has been able to easily adapt to her shifting façade.

Valerio: Thank you for having me.  You are far too generous with your praise.  I am nothing more valerio than a servant to our people, helping to offer guidance where I can.

Interviewer:  Now, it is our understanding that you have long been a member of the Coven court, attending sessions frequently and doing the bidding of the Coven, particularly with the Fire Starter at your side.

Valerio: That is partially true.  Many years ago, Mira and I worked together on many assignments to help maintain the peace and protect the secret of our kind.  However, it has been several centuries since I held such a position with the Coven.  I had recently become more a hermit, preferring to remain in my home in Vienna.

Interviewer: During the time that you spent with Mira, there are rumors that you maintained more than just a platonic working relationship with the Fire Starter.  Is there any truth to those rumors?

Valerio: I am reluctant to speak about my past with the Fire Starter as I know that she and I both value our privacy.  However, I have to ask whether any man would not be tempted by the Fire Starter’s beauty even if she is a great danger to be around?  Or maybe it is that danger that drawn men to her side like moths to a flickering flame?  Regardless of the rumors that may be flutter about regarding Mira and myself, I will say that we are close friends and I hope to remain so for many more years.

Interviewer: In truth, we thought there may be more to your relationship with the nightwalker since you were the one to give Mira the ring that she wears on her ring finger at the moment. 

Valerio: You have done your homework.  Yes, I gave her that ring many, many years ago and I am flattered that she continues to wear it.  I think for us both it is a reminder of lighter and happier times before the concerns of the naturi and the Coven.

Interviewer: Due to your long-standing relationship with Mira, are there any hard feelings that she has chosen to make Danaus, the nightwalker hunter, her Consort as she takes a seat on the Coven?

Valerio:  Mira is free to do as she chooses.  She has long been a stout supporter of the nightwalker race and always put forth an extraordinary amount of effort to protect our people.  If she believes having the hunter at her side is a good decision for our people, then I support her choice.

Interviewer: But there are no hard feelings considering your past?

Mira Valerio: Mira is free to pursue any man or woman she chooses, whether they be human, nightwalker, or other.  Naturally, she has the same view as myself when it comes to my freedom.  Our past is simply that – the past.

Interviewer: I just have a couple more questions before we have to go.  There are rumors that with Mira taking a seat on the Coven, it may not be long before a new seat opens up due to the ongoing war between Mira and Macaire.  If a seat were to open up on the Coven, would you have any interest in claiming it due to your experience and knowledge of the nightwalkers that could certainly help to guide us forward during these trying times.

Valerio:  I do not currently, nor will I ever, have any interest in claiming a seat on the Coven.  I like my privacy and my freedom.  Both are something that are not afforded to members of the Coven.  I trust in Mira and the other members to help take the steps necessary to get rid of the naturi problem that we are currently facing.

Interviewer:  Finally, it has come to our attention that Knox, Mira’s second-in-command in her domain of Savannah, was actually sired by you.  Is this true and do you find it ironic that your child is now working within your former companion’s domain?

Valerio:  To answer your first question, yes, I did sire Knox more than a couple centuries ago.  After we parted on good terms, he traveled to the New World, and it is my understanding that Knox sought out Mira because she had established a domain that was a place of safety for other nightwalkers.  While it may seem ironic due to my past connection with the Fire Starter, it only makes logical sense that he sought out Mira because she offers the most stability and safety of all the domains in the New World.

Interviewer: I would like to thank you again, Valerio, for spending time with us today to discuss your opinion on the shifting world of the Coven and the changes that might be brought forward with the new Elder of the Coven. 

I’m afraid that’s all the time we have tonight.  Tune in tomorrow night when we take a closer look at human teeth whitening products and their impact on proper fang care over the ages.  Which are the most effect ways to maintain that pearly white complexion?

Thank you very much Valerio and Jocelynn for stopping by Tynga’s Reviews! It’s always a pleasure to have you on board =)

Now dear readers it’s your time to talk *winks* I’d like to know which books in the series so far is your favorite (if you read the series) and which cover is your favorite?

(each cover leads to Book Depository)

0102030405

Also here are some of the International Cover I found on Jocelynn’s Facebook page.

German:  

Polish:

 

Tynga is a 32 years old mom of two, from Montreal, working as a lab technician in an hospital specialized in heart disease. In her free time, she enjoys reading all things Paranormal and photography.

Follow Tynga on: Facebook | Twitter

7 People left their mark' :

  1. Day Hunter is my favorite book so far.
    My favorite cover is Wait for Dusk,and I can't wait to
    read the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm probably the only one, but I like the cover for Dayhunter. It's really a tie between Dayhunter and Nightwalker.

    My fave book so far would have to be either Pray for Dawn because we finally get inside Danaus' head or Wait For Dusk because a LOT of interesting things happened in that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dayhunter for cover and book. Although those German covers are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like these character interviews.
    I haven't had the chance to read the last 2 books, so my favorite so far is the first Nightwalker.Dawnbreaker is my favorite cover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am on book three of the series and loving it! I really love the German covers, but my favorite is the Pray for Dawn (American). Smexy;)

    Thanks for the fun interview

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wait to Dusk cover is breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I still have to go with the cover on the first book...I love it.

    I just wanted to say to Valerio: Oh come on man, you really want to just poke Danaus in the eyes don't you?

    *snort*

    ReplyDelete