**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs by Molly Harper

" Maybe it was the Shenanigans gift certificate that put her over the edge. When children's librarian and self-professed nice girl Jane Jameson is fired by her beastly boss and handed twenty-five dollars in potato skins instead of a severance check, she goes on a bender that's sure to become Half Moon Hollow legend. On her way home, she's mistaken for a deer, shot, and left for dead. And thanks to the mysterious stranger she met while chugging neon-colored cocktails, she wakes up with a decidedly unladylike thirst for blood.

Jane is now the latest recipient of a gift basket from the Newly Undead Welcoming Committee, and her life-after-lifestyle is taking some getting used to. Her recently deceased favorite aunt is now her ghostly roommate. She has to fake breathing and endure daytime hours to avoid coming out of the coffin to her family. She's forced to forgo her favorite down-home Southern cooking for bags of O negative. Her relationship with her sexy, mercurial vampire sire keeps running hot and cold. And if all that wasn't enough, it looks like someone in Half Moon Hollow is trying to frame her for a series of vampire murders. What's a nice undead girl to do?" - Book Cover

      Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs, is a very light urban fantasy/Chick Lit novel with a good dose of humour. We get to follow Jane in her attempts to deal with her new undead-life, deal with family drama, trying to get a new job, make new friends, and deal with a mysterious "stalker/rumor-spreader/murderer" unidentified stranger trying to get to her.


This book wasn't what I expected, I'm used to "deeper" urban fantasy, and I have to admit I was craving for more action. The book is light, funny and a quick read. I enjoyed it even though I was slightly disappointed with the first half or so, but I finally got the action I was looking for in the last 100ish pages.

I already have second and third book in the series at home, and I will indeed keep reading that series hoping it will keep pace with the last half of the first book.

If you haven't read any of Molly Harper's book you should give them a try, it's a refreshing story in the vampire literature!



Jane Jameson series:
Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs
Nice Girls Don't Date Dead Men
Nice Girls Don't Live Forever

Book Stats:
Mass Market Paperback: 384 pages
Publisher: Pocket Star; Original edition (March 31, 2009)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1416589422
ISBN-13: 978-1416589426

Book Source: Personnal Shelf

Tynga is a 32 years old mom of two, from Montreal, working as a lab technician in an hospital specialized in heart disease. In her free time, she enjoys reading all things Paranormal and photography.

Follow Tynga on: Facebook | Twitter

4 People left their mark' :

  1. I might need to re-think this one!!
    thanks!

    awesome blog
    kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got this series on my wish list & it sounds like a fun read :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a huge fan of this series and I'm glad you liked it for the most part. It is a bit slower, but they are fast, fun, and hilarious reads that I wish more people would read!!! I think the last one is great and really want the series to continue.

    -Lauren

    I don't know if you entered the Holey Donuts giveaway or not, but if you could check out this post and do so for my blog, it would mean a TON for my family and you can enter for the book afterwards too if you wish (White Cat by Holly Black ARC)!:

    http://shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com/2010/02/giveaway-white-cat-arc-250-holey-donuts.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this series - Jane is so snarky and fun and as the series progresses I think Dick is my favorite character.

    ReplyDelete