**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Stacking The Shelves [69]

Stacking the Shelves


Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!


If you want to find out more about Stacking The Shelves, please visit the official launch page!


——————


Hey everyone! A short vlog for this week's Stacking the Shelves. Not too many books, but enough to satisfy me for at least a few weeks. I hope you all had a great week and I look forward to seeing what you all got for your own shelves.




Purchased


The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith
Fox & Phoenix by Beth Bernobich
The Way of Shadows by Brent Weeks
Shadow's Edge by Brent Weeks
City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare
City of Glass by Cassandra Clare



For Review


The River of No Return by Bee Ridgway


stephsig_thumb-25255B1-25255D6





 







Tynga is a 32 years old mom of two, from Montreal, working as a lab technician in an hospital specialized in heart disease. In her free time, she enjoys reading all things Paranormal and photography.

Follow Tynga on: Facebook | Twitter

43 People left their mark' :

  1. I need to try the Cassandra CLare book! Mainly with the movie. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, you got The Cuckoo's Calling, I can't wait to get to it! I still need to read The Way of Shadows by Brent Weeks and the whole Mortal Instruments series - I intend to read it next week! Nice haul!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice list! I'm listening to City of Ashes right now, and have the Brent Weeks books that I need to get into. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to read the Mortal Instruments series too - especially with the movie coming out (which I'm going to see this Wednesday :D)

    - Allie @ Little Birdie Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to check out THE CUCKOO'S CALLING! It's like... forty dollars in stores here though and I'm not spending that just yet :/ lol

    I loved Cassandra Clare's TMI series. I have not read books four or five until book six comes out, mainly because I'm in a little rebellion. I think that book three ended perfectly (especially since this was initially a trilogy not a six book series) and part of me doesn't want to see Jace an Clary and everyone tortured anymore lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love the Mortal Instruments series. :) Can't wait for the City of Bones movie to be in theaters.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've read most the books that you have purchased! I bought The Cuckoo's Calling last week. I haven't had the chance to read it yet, but hope I do soon! I hope you enjoy TMI as much as I did.

    ♥ Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay this is my first time in Stacking the Shelves! Anyways I also purchased The City of Bones, since the movie is coming out I want to read the book first.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm looking forward to reading "The Cuckoo's Calling", too, although I didn't particularly enjoy "Casual Vacancy" I think this one sounds promising.

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for hosting,old follower
    hope you can visit my Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great haul. Happy reading :)

    follower

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/08/stacking-shelves-51.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's exactly why I bought the Cassandra books too. I hope you get to it before the movie comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Seems like we have similar tastes in books. Enjoy the Cassandra Clare books!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I started the Brent Weeks book and so far I'm really enjoying it. Have a great week too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. […] the shelves is a fun weekly meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews in which participants are able to share the books they have received via one method or another over […]

    ReplyDelete
  16. Have fun at the movies!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I completely understand. Hard covers can be quite expensive. A Canadian book store here is selling it for 20$ and to me that was a pretty good deal so I jump on it.

    I'm really looking forward to TMI series. Kind of glad I waited this long because I won't need to wait for the next installments, except for book 6. We can read book 4 and 5 together if you want.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really hope the movie does the books justice. I'm looking forward to it too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I wasn't crazy about Casual Vacancy either but I still enjoyed it. I think The Cuckoo's Calling will be a nice change of pace for me, especially since I've only been reading paranormal stuff lately. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Glad you stopped by!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hope I enjoy TMI too! Can't wait to get to them. Enjoy The Cuckoo's Calling.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Welcome to StS and I hope to see you here regularly. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great haul. I want to read the Cassandra Clare novels.

    Thanks for hosting have a beautiful week. Sun finally out in my neck of woods look forward to a lazy pool reading day.

    Mine

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love Cassandra Clare, so I hope you enjoy the books!! Thank you for this meme! I've met some really nice bloggers and I've added so many great books to my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks. I hope you enjoy your haul too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I hope you have a great week too. Everyone seems to think reading Cassandra Clare is a great idea! Enjoy the weather!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Are you not doing the Mr. Linky anymore? Here's my Stacking The shelves this week: http://bookishtemptations.com/2013/08/18/stacking-the-shelves-818/#more-25849

    ReplyDelete
  29. Nice haul this week! Check out what I got this week =)
    Old follower!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I just started reading City of Bones in prep for the movie. They were also having a read-along but it's not so much as a read-along, each day a chapter is read and one blog summarises it.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm so envious, wish I had tickets brought already :D

    ReplyDelete
  32. Stephanie I was actually wondering why books 1-3 was released soon after each other but then the rest kind of was released a lot slower :( Wasn't quite sure why that is, now I know LOL I'd love to read long when you decide to read books 4-6 :D When's the release of book 6?

    I also do this Stephanie, not start reading book 1 till the rest of the series is released.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Mariii…welcome I'll be checking your STS post out :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Mada, I haven't heard of Cuckoo's Calling, where have I been? She co-Authored this with another Author, is that right? What didn't you like about Casual Vacancy? JK Rowling is one of my Auto-buy Authors, but apart from the HP series I heard the others, more specifically Casual Vacancy was a disappointment.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Tamie I was going to ask the same question because I loved the Mr Linky better than the comments :(

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great book list, you learn something new everyday I loved JK Rowling's HP series + Casual Vacancy she's one of my Auto-buy Authors so I can't believe I didn't know about her Cuckoo's Calling :( Will be checking that out :D

    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  37. Robert Galbraith is actually a pen name for J.K. Rowling. She published it under a different name.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi Tamie. Sorry about the Mr. Linky. For some reason, it disappeared! I can't explain it, it was working fine all day yesterday and this morning. I fixed it so you can add your post now if you want!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Just like Stephanie said, Robert Galbraith is Rowling's pen name. I guess she wanted to see what would be the public's reaction to one of her new books when they weren't influenced by the book's authorship (just as you said, J.K. is an auto-buy author for many).

    When it comes to "Casual Vacancy", there are several reasons why I didn't like it, but two of the big ones were that it felt as if J.K. tried too hard to write an adult novel, and that it remember me of "Requiem for a Dream", but it lacked the depth and the drama of that novel. I actually have a review on my blog for "Casual Vacancy", you can check it out if you want to read extensively about my thoughts on it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. This was my first Stacking the Shelves, too :) I'm glad I found out about this, because it's a great way to make new friends and to gather book suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  42. […] about this and do them every week or two because Stacking the Shelves is a great meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews.  So for the remainder of August I’m going to be optimistic and hope that these get […]

    ReplyDelete
  43. I also got City of Bones! I can't wait to read it and it looks amazing and I adored Cassandra Clare's Infernal Devices series! :D Hope you enjoy your new books!

    Kyra @ Blog of a Bookaholic
    My STS!

    ReplyDelete