**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Saturday, February 02, 2013

Vampire Academy News!

If you’ve been following the blog for a while you know I’m a huge fan of Richelle Mead, and the Vampire Academy series is one of my favourites! So imagine my excitement when I woke up this morning to this awesome movie news!

First, the title. It was revealed yesterday I think, and It’ll be Vampire Academy – Blood Sisters. This is actually the title of the French books (Soeurs de sang), so I wasn’t shocked but I still don’t see the connection. Either way, it’s nice to see some progress!

BUT, the amazing news is… The 3 main characters, Rose, Lissa & Dimitri, were cast!

 

 

Zoey Deutch will play the kick-ass Rose part.  I am pleased enough by this decision. She does look the part, and even though I haven’t seen any of her movies, she’ll be part of the Beautiful Creatures movie so I’ll get to see her in action very soon!

 

 

 

Lissa, the beautiful blond, will be played by Aussie star Lucy Fry. Once again, I don’t know a thing about her acting talents, but at least she looks the part!

 

 

 

And last, but certainly not least, suave and sexy Dimitri will be brought to life by Danila Kozlovskiy!!! Another unknown actor for me but I’m freaking ecstatic by this decision! First, he IS Russian! Second, he is old enough and third he is damn good looking! I was so scared they would pick someone like Ben Barnes because, in my humble opinion, he is NOT Dimitri material!

 

Here’s a second shot with long hair:

 

 

 

You can read here what Richelle as to say about the movie so far!

Are you as excited as I am??

tynsig

Tynga is a 32 years old mom of two, from Montreal, working as a lab technician in an hospital specialized in heart disease. In her free time, she enjoys reading all things Paranormal and photography.

Follow Tynga on: Facebook | Twitter

21 People left their mark' :

  1. I am sooooo excited! I've seen Zoey in Ringer on the CW, but it wasn't a very well written show, so I don't feel like I can judge her acting from that. I'm looking forward to seeing her in Beautiful Creatures! I am SO. FREAKIN'. HAPPY with these three :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really excited :) I was speachless when I saw the news!
    I can't wait to see the movie :) I'm pretty ok with the cast! I'm glad they are unknown actors, it makes the movie even special and we don't have a preconception about them!
    VA is my favorite series :)
    Ruty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news! I read all the VA novels last month and the two bloodlines novels too...totally hooked. Lissa doesn't looks as delicate as I imagined her - the actress looks almost as kick ass as the Rose actress to me, but maybe she can be get into the Lissa character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think delicacy is all in the acting :)

      Delete
  4. NO WAY! NO FREAKIN WAY! I knew nothing about this! LOVE the Vampire Academy series soo much! Not sure how how I feel about the castings, but I try not to judge until I see them on the big screen. YAY SO EXCITED thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is the plan to create 6 movies? or group some books together? I don't see the need to name it anything other than Vampire Academy but I'm not going to fuss over the title. And I also haven't seen anything by these actors. They may fit the physical descriptions but I really hope they can bring to the screen all of the personality that makes them so alluring on paper. Thanks for the news!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i have no idea but i hope so :)

      Delete
    2. In Richelles blog post she said if the firat movie is successful they will do the next book named VA: Frostbite.

      Delete
  6. Wow! Thank you for the info! Kinda excited to see who they will pick and where they decide to go with the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nicole: I think the director said something like he wants to see how well VA: Blood Sisters does. Also, Blood sisters I think was also the name of the book in Germany too :-) I'm excited they're making a movie out of this series. I loved this series from the beginning, and can't wait to see what they do with it. It's interesting they pick unknown actors with a known director, and I'm a bit skeptical to see what they do.

    It doesn't have a big name cast like the Mortal Instruments, that's for sure. But still, I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY! This really makes my day. I was starting to think that it would never be made into a movie. And I agree with you I'm very happy that they didn't choose Ben Barnes or someone like him. The fact that the actor is Russian is important in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You and me both! I love VA and I read the series at least 3 times a year... at least. I like the choices although I think Ben Barnes would be so much hotter even if he's in his 30's. LoL. I'm just really hoping it turns out more like The Hunger Games and less like Twilight. Thanks for the awesome morning news!

    Kristin @ Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such great news...feel like I've been waiting forever for this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OOoh AWESOME!! These actors are new to me so that's good! I'd like it better for new actors to take on the role of these awesome book characters!! Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm actually really excited for this movie and I really like who they've chosed for Dimtri!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is fantastic news! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So exciting! Yay! I totally approve the selection for Dimitri!

    ReplyDelete