Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday - Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins

Waiting on Wednesday



This meme is hosted by Breaking the Spine.

This week I choose to spotlight another debut author, Rachel Hawkins, and her book, Hex Hall.


Product description (from amazon.ca):

Three years ago, Sophie Mercer discovered that she was a witch. It's gotten her into a few scrapes. Her non-gifted mother has been as supportive as possible, consulting Sophie's estranged father-an elusive European warlock-only when necessary. But when Sophie attracts too much human attention for a prom-night spell gone horribly wrong, it's her dad who decides her punishment: exile to Hex Hall, an isolated reform school for wayward Prodigium, a.k.a. witches, faeries, and shapeshifters. By the end of her first day among fellow freak-teens, Sophie has quite a scorecard: three powerful enemies who look like supermodels, a futile crush on a gorgeous warlock, a creepy tagalong ghost, and a new roommate who happens to be the most hated person and only vampire on campus. Worse, Sophie soon learns that a mysterious predator has been attacking students, and her only friend is the number-one suspect. As a series of blood-curdling mysteries starts to converge, Sophie prepares for the biggest threat of all: an ancient secret society determined to destroy all Prodigium, especially her.

Release date:
Hardcover: March 9th, 2010
Paperback: April 1st, 2010

Sounds amazin doesn't? Can't wait to get my hands on a copy ^^

Tynga is a 28 years old mom from Montreal, working as a lab technician in an hospital specialized in heart disease. In her free time, she enjoys reading all things Paranormal and blogging about them. You might also catch her watching an hockey game. Make sure to say hi on twitter!

Follow Tynga on: Facebook | Twitter

8 People left their mark' :

  1. Funnily enough I JUST pre-ordered this like ten minutes ago! $5.96 for the paperback version on the US Book Depository - how could I pass that up?? Great Wednesday pick, I can't wait to read this! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I so can't wait to read this book! :-) It does sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to this one as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard about this book, and I can't wait to read it. Great WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait for this book too!
    I've put it on my sidebar in my Looking Forward To pile ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds cool! The cover reminds me of The Craft.

    ReplyDelete