**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Friday, April 07, 2017

Blind Tiger by Rachel Vincent

Blind Tiger by Rachel Vincent

Book Stats:  

Reading level: Adult
Genre: Paranormal Romance
eBook: 356 pages
Publisher: Self-published
Release date: February 13, 2017

Series:  Wildcats #2

Source: 

Reviewed by: 

Order: Amazon | Book Depository

Robyn Sheffield wants her life back.

As the only female stray in the US, she's had to deal with bloodlust, flashbacks, a lack of impulse control (which might not have anything to do with being a shifter), and weeks under house arrest for crimes she never meant to commit. But when she overhears the territorial council plotting to marry her off to an eligible tom? It's time for this chick to fly the coop.

Titus Alexander wants recognition.

He’s spent the past year carving his territory out of the Mississippi free zone, forming a community for strays exiled and forgotten by the US Prides. As the first stray Alpha, he’s sworn to bring the toms under his authority the rights, support, and respect that official confirmation from the council will bring. But then the council’s precious female stray sneaks into the free zone in the back of his car and demands sanctuary.

The council gives Titus a choice: send Robyn back and have his Pride acknowledged, or prepare for war. Citizenship for his men is within his grasp. So why is it so hard for him to let one rebellious tabby go?
Robyn has been on house arrest for what seems like eternity after she killed multiple shifters' murderers and now she's done. The first opportunity she has to escape presents itself in the form of a sexy stray and his unguarded Mercedes SUV. Robyn doesn't think of possible consequences (which is a pattern for her..) and dives into the car to hide and run away once she's in the free zone. Sexy Titus finds out though, and everything he is worked for is jeopardized by this young wild tabby.

I love Rachel Vincent, and I always recommend her Shifters series, but I must confess, while I enjoyed the Wildcats books, they are not as great as the Shifters series.

Robyn has a lot of potential, I like her spunk and how she fights for her ideas. BUT she comes off a bit childish and self-centered. She falls in love with Titus and decides to help him save his pack and all, but if she'd just taken her responsibility from the beginning, it would've been much easier. On the other hand, I like Titus. He is doing his best to be responsible, making the right decision but he also has a very passionate side I really appreciated.

I think one of the biggest elements that make me favor Shifters vs Wildcats is the action and the passion and the drive that was omnipresent in the Shifters series but cruelly absent in the Wildcats novels. Everything is about politics and what should or shouldn't be done. Lots of talking, and not much action. I really miss the down and dirty fights, the thrill of the chase, and the knock out suspense of not knowing if someone will die in the battle. I know Wildcats books take place in a time of 'peace' but I need to find that passion again! In the first book, Abby is more of a subdue female so I expected that from her, but Robyn is a firecracker so I was hoping I'd get more action and I was disappointed.

The intrigue was interesting though and I had a really strong opinion about what happened and who was the culprit (I won't go into details, don't want to give it away) and it turned out I was wrong. Which was an happy surprise. I liked how that particular mystery unfolded and I think it was very smart of Vincent to play it that way. On the other hand, The very conclusion, the way the characters dealt with the consequences seemed fake. I think Rachel felt like we should get somewhat of a happy ending but I just know the council wouldn't settle for that so I'm on the fence. *Tiny spoiler* I think Robyn should've gone back to the council and from there work out the details and consequences and that she'd have to work her way back to Titus in another book maybe.

I know my review isn't super positive and I did enjoy the book. It just didn't live up to my expectations. Will I read the third book? Yes, definitely. Would I recommend this series? If you love the Shifters series and want more of this world, yes. If you haven't read the Shifters series yet, then pick that one first!

Tynga is a 32 years old mom of two, from Montreal, working as a lab technician in an hospital specialized in heart disease. In her free time, she enjoys reading all things Paranormal and photography.

Follow Tynga on: Facebook | Twitter

1 Person left their mark: