**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Monday, March 21, 2016

Feverborn by Karen Marie Moning

This series has been one of my favourites, however, I had a hard time getting through this book. I thought it dragged on at times, despite having really good scenes. In my opinion, the first five books of this series were the best ones, and lately, the books seem to be coasting.

I was overjoyed when I realized Mac would be the main narrator again, however, I've come to believe that maybe it's time to let other characters, like Jada, shine. Mac and Barrons are without a doubt a great pair but I feel like their story has come and gone. They're great together, don't get me wrong, but I just feel like there's nothing new happening there. I believe it's time for Jada and Ryodan to finally have their own story and hopefully it will come soon.

Speaking of Jada, I'm still a little bit confused about how Dani became Jada. I'm not completely satisfied with Moning's explanation on the transformation, but in a way, I think it was necessary for Dani to become Jada in order to be taken seriously. She spent years in the Silvers, which turned out to be weeks for everyone else. I understand her need to reinvent herself in order to be taken seriously and viewed as an adult, and not just some untrained teen. Now that she's older, hopefully she'll be able to work on whatever she and Ryodan have. Whatever they do have does seems a little bit creepy but I'm curious on how everything will work out.

I'm also curious about this new character, Shazam. I still don't know what to make of him, whether he's real or not. I kept wondering if he was a figment of Jada's imagination, a way for her to cope with everything that's been going on. I think Shazam is a way for her to keep holding on to her childhood, whether he's real or not.

As for the main conflict in this book, it seems there isn't much driving the characters. Sure, the black holes and the Sinsar Dubh are ever present, and I love the fact that Mac, Barrons, Jada, Ryodan and even Christian are teaming up to fight these problems, but I feel Feverborn was missing action. There were some epic scenes towards the end, but the beginning and the middle of the book was filled with filler and repetition.

Personally, I think it's time for Karen Marie Moning to move beyond Mac and Barrons. At this point, her series is coasting and it could definitely benefit from new blood. I would welcome more about Jada and Ryodan, and honestly, I think Christian deserves his own story too. Because of my early addiction to this series, I haven't given up on it yet, however, something dramatic and new needs to happen in order to keep my interest. Here's to hoping the next book will be much better!

stephsig moon

Tynga is a 32 years old mom of two, from Montreal, working as a lab technician in an hospital specialized in heart disease. In her free time, she enjoys reading all things Paranormal and photography.

Follow Tynga on: Facebook | Twitter

2 People left their mark' :

  1. I really REALLY need to start on this series. But it has so many books already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first 3-4 books were great! I'm hoping it only gets better from now on.

    ReplyDelete