**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Stacking The Shelves [167]

Stacking the Shelves


Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!


If you want to find out more about Stacking The Shelves, please visit the official launch page!


——————


Greetings from the San Diego International Comic-Con!!!!!


My family and I are in the middle of 4 days of pop-culture madness!  I just managed to get a few things onto my shelves in spite of all the weirdness and rushing around to get here.


STS July


I have been finding more interesting sci-fi titles lately.  That's what lead to my purchases Douglas Richards' Quantum Lens, Robert A. Heinlein's Orphans of the Sky and Lisa Mantchev's Ticker. So far, all very interesting books. I did get a little urban fantasy with Rose Pressy's If You've Got It, Haunt It.  I'll have a bit more to say on that later.

The past couple of days have been a rollercoaster ride with surprise appearances from Bill Murry, Jennifer Lawrence adorably tripping on her own tongue and Peter Capaldi just being some crazy mix of Peter Capaldi and The Doctor (Doctor Who).  Also, my son made his cosplay debut as Deadpool!

comiccon

What madness have you allowed onto your shelves?   Roberts Signature [inlinkz_linkup id=544259]

Tynga is a 32 years old mom of two, from Montreal, working as a lab technician in an hospital specialized in heart disease. In her free time, she enjoys reading all things Paranormal and photography.

Follow Tynga on: Facebook | Twitter

24 People left their mark' :

  1. Nice haul, Robert! I've been into sci-fi and high fantasy more recently, too, so I'm going to have to check out your new titles :)
    Have a great weekend and happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nikki @ the bibliophibian: http://breathesbooks.com/2015/07/11/stacking-the-shelves-81/

    ReplyDelete
  3. One day I'll go to SDCC but possibly not for several more years. I've been reading a bit more sci-fi recently (I normally stick to the fantasy end of SFF) - any recommendations? I just read & loved Ancillary Justice by Ann Leckie.

    ~Ailsa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ailsa! A couple of good ones are:

    For a good space opera: Leviathan Wakes by S.A. Corey

    For a good strong female lead: On Basilisk Station: Honor Harrington Book 1

    And for post apocalyptic story: The Unincorporated Man by Dani Kollin and Eytan Kollin.

    Have fun exploring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice picks. I love the first 2 books in the Blur Trilogy, so far. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you and your family had a great time at Comic Con in San Diego. Love the Deadpool costume. I'm sure your son enjoyed getting dressed up. Interesting choices.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenny @ Book Sojourner11 July 2015 at 05:43

    We are at SDCC too! And having a blast. It's our second year, and new tradition. This year has been pretty kid-focused with the panels, though so far we did squeeze in William Shatner and Ash vs Evil Dead (so awesome!). Our last day is today. Hope you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to be where you are. Comic Con is on my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you're having such a fun time. Looking forward to hearing more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! Comic Con! Thanks for sharing some of it.
    Actually, Ticker is own on my tbr pile. Love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are actually in Ballroom 20 right now waiting for the Once Upon A Time panel to start. We'll see Phineas and Ferb's final SDCC panel tomorrow :(
    Have a great Con, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Grace! Comic-Con is an exercise in self-torture getting to see some really amazing sights. My son loved dressing up and hamming it up enough to make it onto the LA Times website! He wasn't enamored with our first foray into camping out in line. Since I'm reaching my half-century mark soon, I fully agree :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm looking forward to getting into it. I like finding treasures that don't get a lot of mainstream attention. It's like having somebody write especially for me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you make it out soon, Jo. Warning, it's very habit forming and you'll want to keep attending!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks, Lexxie! I had been on such an urban fantasy tear lately that, it seemed to be consuming my shelves. Thanks to some catchy titles and a few well placed sales, I've been tempted away from the Sword and more to the Laser (to steal a bit from the Sword and Laser Podcast).

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! I'm jealous that you're at Comic Con! Have fun! Great haul! I really enjoyed Ticker, it was a lot of fun. I'm a Big fan of Lisa Mantchev. Have a great weekend!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh sci fi is just great, lately I have been looking for some good sci fi to read. Hope you and your family are having fun with all that craziness and pop culture!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG! I'd love to go to Comic Con at least once! But I heard it's crazy hard to get tickets? Is that true?

    Great haul of books! Those are new to me but I hope you enjoy them all! Enjoy the rest of the con!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ah Comic Con sounds so awesome!! Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Of your book haul, Ticker seems like it would be a great story!
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straighforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh you lucky girl to be at ComicCon! Sounds like you're having a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I too have spent a lot of time with family.

    ReplyDelete