**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Friday, July 03, 2015

Dreams of a Dark Warrior by Kresley Cole

What could be worst than seeing your soul-mate die in your arms again and again? It's the hand Regin The Radiant was dealt when she fell for mortal Aidan the Fierce. She wasn't quite in love yet, but cared deeply for him, and after a night a weakness, when he claimed her in passion, he died in her arms, killed by a dreadful vampire. He loved her body and soul, and swore he'd come back to her. And he did, only to die in a similar fashion every time. Regin is now determined to stay away from her dear Aidan because she can't handle the pain anymore. This reincarnation of Aidan have very different plans for her though...

Another awesome installment in the Immortals After Dark series! Kresley has never been wrong for me with her adult titles (surprisingly I don't really like her YA), and Dreams of a Dark Warrior was another success. This title was a bit different because the hero is actually a bad guy. And I mean, a REALLY bad guy. He is a leader in an organization bound to destroy all Lorekind, and when he captures Regin, it's not to sweet talk her into bed. He does (or commands) unspeakable things to all paranormals, and Regin was no exception. I liked how believable his journey was, and if I had been in the place of Regin I would've told him too little, too late dude! But I guess that Valkyrie is more forgiving than I lol. I actually pitied him in the end, and he worked really hard to earn redemption, so I must give him credit for that.

Regin was radiant *snickers* no seriously, the girl was really shining through with her spunky personality. I loved that she was determined to do the right thing, even if Aidan (named Chase in this reincarnation) was awful. I loved how she kept her head held high in even the worst situation, and has a fierce desire to protect her loved ones. Her interaction with her roommates was fun and endearing and her respect for her berserk ally was commendable.

The plot all takes place in the same location and it's quite a feat to keep things interesting in such a limited location. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time, wondering when Chase would give in and remember Regin, or if she would give up and sacrifice him yet another time. The tension between them was excruciating, and that's without mentioning the unbearable sexual electricity. I was wondering when they would jump each others' bones.

One of the aspect I like about Kresley's book is that the time lines on each novel overlap. This story takes place in the same time frame as Demon From the Dark and Pleasure of a Dark Prince. Since Lothaire played a big role in the novel, I am guessing "Lothaire" - the novel, will overlap some as well. I think it keeps things interesting and it's refreshing because it's different from any other series I've read.

Dreams of a Dark Warrior was a very satisfying read, and if you haven't started this series yet, I must ask you, What are you waiting for???

tynsignew

Tynga is a 32 years old mom of two, from Montreal, working as a lab technician in an hospital specialized in heart disease. In her free time, she enjoys reading all things Paranormal and photography.

Follow Tynga on: Facebook | Twitter

4 People left their mark' :

  1. That is a good question Tynga! what am I waiting for? :) I tried the first book years ago and didn't like it. Maybe I should try it again. I like soul mate stories. Thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know if you do decide to give it another try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was one of my favorites in the series. Mainly because I am a HUGE Regin fan. Plus I didn't know how we were going to get over everything that Chase did. Loved this book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. relating to perrin isleHer papa was an inadequate norman laborer. Her mommy kicked the bucket while you are barbour manufacturing unit media outlet warehouse this girl was children. during an young age marie undergone uncovered to Louis Vuitton socket online shops experience her own enjoying your life courtesy of visiting assist. even though inquired on subject of chosen your man's outstanding documentary, Adrigood paints stimulating concept : "what is informative all around Gilbert would be tha

    ReplyDelete