**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Saturday, March 14, 2015

Stacking The Shelves [150]

Stacking the Shelves


Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!


If you want to find out more about Stacking The Shelves, please visit the official launch page!


——————


 Happy Saturday!!!  It's been about a month since my last Stacking the Shelves, so I have quite the list.  As usual, there is evidence that I have still have a problem with wanting to bring home ALL THE BOOKS from work.  In fact, I'll be at work today... I wonder how many more books I'll find to bring home... :)


Newly Purchased


Cold Legacy Megan Shepherd


A Cold Legacy by Megan Shepherd:  This was a splurge for me.  I already owned the first and second books, so I had to have the third, right?  And lucky me:  I was able to get an autographed copy!  I recommend this trilogy all the time.


Library


Speak Laurie Halse Anderson 100 Things to Do in Charlotte Before You Die Sarah Crosland Bud Not Buddy Christopher Paul Curtis Shadow Cabinet Maureen Johnson Mother of All Booklists William Patrick Martin Dear Miss Breed Joanne Oppenheim Dreams of Gods & Monsters Laini Taylor Beyond the Call Lee Trimble Hobbit Party Jonathan Witt


Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson: I've never read anything by Laurie Halse Anderson, so I put out the question on my other blog.  The votes definitely indicated that I should start with this one!


100 Things to Do in Charlotte Before You Die by Sarah Crosland:  Charlotte is the nearest big city to us, and so I'm looking forward to trying some fun new things!


Bud, Not Buddy by Christopher Paul Curtis:  This was a recommendation in triplicate from my sister-in-law, niece, and nephew.  I love reading what my nieces and nephews are reading so we can talk books together.


The Shadow Cabinet by Maureen Johnson:  This is on CD for the commute.  I've really enjoyed this trilogy, and have been waiting oh-so-impatiently for this release!


The Mother of All Booklists: The 500 Most Recommended Nonfiction Reads for Ages 3 to 103 by William Patrick Martin:  This one is sorta for work.  Because of Common Core (a US education movement), students are coming into libraries looking for more nonfiction to read, and this will help me with giving recommendations.


Dear Miss Breed: True Stories of the Japanese American Incarceration During World War II and a Librarian Who Made a Difference by Joanne Oppenheim:  A book about a librarian making a difference?  Yes, please!


Dreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor:  Another trilogy finale!  I didn't realize that I'd be wrapping up so many series this month.  This one is also on CD for the commute.


Beyond the Call: The True Story of One World War II Pilot's Covert Mission to Rescue POWs on the Eastern Front by Lee Trimble with Jeremy Dronfield:  I originally brought this home for the hubby, but he's making it sound so good that I've added it to my tbr pile too!


The Hobbit Party: The Vision of Freedom That Tolkien Got, and the West Forgot by Jonathan Witt with Jay W. Richards:  This one is a winner for both me and the hubby: we both love all things Tolkien!


Borrowed From a Friend


Red Deaths Casey Eanes Seth Ervin


The Red Deaths by Casey Eanes with Seth Ervin:  I borrowed a copy from one of the authors, read it in one day, and wrote an enthusiastic review on my other blog.  You'll remember seeing the guys feature in a When I'm Not Writing post on March 10th.


ARCs & Egalleys for Review


All Fall Down Ally Carter Spare Parts Joshua Davis Monogram Murders Sophie Hannah Fish in a Tree Lynda Mullaly Hunt Bookman's Tale Charlie Lovett Sneaker Kings Eric McLaurin Nuts to You Lynn Rae Perkins Jackaby William Ritter Spelled Betsy Schow Haunting of Maddy Clare Simone St. James


All Fall Down by Ally Carter:  I love, love, love her Heist Society books and am excited to try her new series!


Spare Parts: Four Mexican American Teenagers, One Ugly Robot, and the Battle for the American Dream by Joshua Davis:  I'm trying to get a robotics group going at my library, and think this book with be inspiring.


The Monogram Murders by Sophie Hannah:  I've read very few Agatha Christie mysteries, but I've enjoyed all that I've read.  It'll be interesting to see if Sophie Hannah holds up to the master.


Fish in a Tree by Lynda Mullaly Hunt:  I don't know much about this one, but the title grabbed my attention.


The Bookman's Tale by Charlie Lovett:  A book about a man obsessed with books?  Why, of course I'll read that!


Sneaker Kings by Eric McLaurin:  I think this title might appeal to some of the "regulars" at my library, so I'm reading to recommend.


Nuts to You by Lynn Rae Perkins:  Another cute little title that grabbed my attention!  And I think I have a niece who will enjoy it after I read it...


Jackaby by William Ritter:  A colleague passed this along to me.  I've heard all the hype; will the book live up to it?


Spelled by Betsy Schow:  I've been really into fairy tale retellings lately.


The Haunting of Maddy Clare by Simone St. James:  I just finished this one and it was really good!  I was intrigued by the title (spooky sounding)/cover design (very soft colors) nonsynchonicity.  (I think I just made that word up, but it fits.)  The book was a delightful mix of historical fiction with a little romance, set against a plot involving a ghost.  I loved it!


What have you brought home this week?  Leave a link!


Marie


[inlinkz_linkup id=505216]

Tynga is a 32 years old mom of two, from Montreal, working as a lab technician in an hospital specialized in heart disease. In her free time, she enjoys reading all things Paranormal and photography.

Follow Tynga on: Facebook | Twitter

21 People left their mark' :

  1. Speak is an amazing read. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very exciting stack, Marie! So varied, too! I hope you have enjoyed those you've already read, and that the ones you still need to read are good as well.
    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting haul Marie...Looking forward to reading your reviews on these :)

    -Nikita @Njkinny's World of Books & Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great haul - hope you enjoy them!

    Diane @ Dine's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. You bought home some nice good looking books. I hope that you enjoy them immensely.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  6. [* WordPress Simple Firewall plugin marked this comment as "pending" because: Human SPAM filter found "oy" in "comment_content". *]
    Wow, what a great haul! I hope you enjoy your new books :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm starting to see A Cold Legacy everywhere! I hadn't heard about it before but I'm going to have to check it out. Great haul!

    My StS

    ReplyDelete
  8. I should read Dear Miss Breed. I have it in my library, and have picked it up but never got any farther. Looking forward to hearing what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I keep an audio book for my time in the car too. Sometimes it is one that I am not sure about or a new author I have never read. Right now I am listening to a Nicki Heat book. A little over the top but fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOOh nice! I STILL need to read The Madness Underneath and since I finally got The Shadow Cabinet, I need to get on that! Hope you enjoy all your new reads!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Also, I really want to read The Monogram Murders! Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great haul! Lots of variety! I hope you enjoy them all. Bringing home books is never a problem, books need lots of love! Happy reading!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    ReplyDelete
  13. Speak is definitely a good one. And you will find it a fast read too. Enjoy your latest batch of books ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your book haul! I've yet to read A Cold Legacy but I really enjoyed the first two books! I also want to read Speak and Shades of London Series, I've got the first book, The Name of the Star and I'm very excited to read it! Enjoy you books! <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Miss Breed and The Hobbit Party both look good.I enjoyed Jackaby; it wasn't great but it was good.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have to get the third book in the series soon. I don't want to forget what happened.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've got the Madman's Daughter and its sequel, need to get them read! I also need to get ahold of The Shadow Cabinet. Need to know where that story goes. Great week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I read Speak a few years ago, while it's good, it's really slow and it takes a while to really click with Miranda (at least that's been my experience and that of my co blogger). But it's worth it so stick with it.

    I also have Jackaby I really need to get to reading it.

    You got some good looking books. I can't wait for your reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  19. A Cold Legacy was really good! I almost requested Spelled. I hope you enjoy all these. Happy Reading!
    Here are my newest additions.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So true! Always good to use social media to engage potential and existing customers.

    http://allin1panel.com/blog/importance-social-media-marketing/

    ReplyDelete