**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Monday, February 07, 2011

When I’m not writing… with Heather Terrell

 

 

 

I am very happy to have to lovely Heather Terrell by my side today! She is the author of the recently released Fallen Angel (you can read my review here), the second book in the series, Eternity, is also schedule for Summer 2011! Please welcome her warmly =)

 

 

 

What do I do when I’m not writing?

As I type these words, I realize that a more appropriate title for my guest blog would be “How on earth do I find time to write”?  As the mother of two very young boys – two very energetic, very young boys – finding time to write can sometimes be challenging.  Let alone finding time to pursue my outside interests.  But somehow, someway, I always manage a few spare minutes to dedicate to another of my passions . . . travel.

True, every time I write, I travel.  I journey through the portal of time and imagination to worlds of my own creation.  But when I say travel, I mean travel of the hop in a plane, sail away, or jump on a train variety.

Wanderlust struck me at a very young age.  When I was in elementary school, my aunt would take me to the Carnegie Museum of Art in Pittsburgh, to the Hall of Architecture in particular. And there, before the façades of architectural masterpieces from centuries – sometimes millennia -- gone by, I became entranced by the past and other cultures.  But only for so long would museums suffice.

Pretty soon, I ventured off to find the real thing.  High school trips to Europe, a semester abroad in London, trekking around America, and backpacking with friends across Europe and Northern Africa after law school fueled the desire.  Jaunts to China, Mexico, Cambodia, Thailand, Australia, New Zealand, Tahiti, Singapore, Vietnam, the Philippines, and Bora Bora (my personal favorite) fed that ever-hungry travel bug.  I even met my husband in the Hong Kong airport.

Admittedly, with two little people in tow, travel is more difficult, and far-flung destinations more unattainable.  For now, anyway.  Still, in my down time, you can find me planning that next trip; Greece, Paris, and California are up next.  Because, for me, travel is integral to writing.  It provides me with story inspirations; it gives me setting and characters; and it delivers that ever-elusive atmosphere.  Travel takes me away in ways otherwise unimaginable . . . much like I hope my books do for the readers.

------------------------------------

Thank you very much for sharing with us Heather! I really wish I could see Bora Bora but I’m extremely claustrophobic in planes, I don’t think I would survive the 28hours or so flight lol

 

Heaven-sent?

Ellie was never particularly good at talking to boys—or anyone other than her best friend and fellow outcast, Ruth. Then she met Michael.

Michael is handsome, charming, sweet. And totally into Ellie. It’s no wonder she is instantly drawn to him. But Michael has a secret. And he knows Ellie is hiding something, too. They’ve both discovered they have powers beyond their imagining. Powers that are otherworldly.

Ellie and Michael are determined to uncover what they are, and how they got this way . . . together. But the truth has repercussions neither could have imagined. Soon they find themselves center stage in an ancient conflict that threatens to destroy everything they love. And it is no longer clear whether Ellie and Michael will choose the same side.

In this electrifying novel, Heather Terrell spins a gripping supernatural tale about true love, destiny, and the battle of good versus evil.

The end . . or a new beginning?

As Ellie comes to grips with her destiny as the Elect One, her relationship with Michael grows tense.  When she meets a mysterious boy names Rafe, things get even more complicated.

Yet the time has come for the Elect One to stand against the group of fallen angels who are bent on destroying the world.  In order to face the immeasurable malevolence heading her way, Ellie tries to put her personal life aside.  But she soon learns that whoever holds her heart also holds the key to mankind's salvation -- or destruction.  As the end days approach, Ellie is faced with an epic decision. Who does her heart really belong to?  And is her love strong enough to save the world?

Tynga is a 32 years old mom of two, from Montreal, working as a lab technician in an hospital specialized in heart disease. In her free time, she enjoys reading all things Paranormal and photography.

Follow Tynga on: Facebook | Twitter

3 People left their mark' :

  1. I love to travel too though I don't get to as much as I used to, Being an army brat I got to live in Italy and visit Germany. So I can understand and relate to the traveling bug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOw you have been to many beautiful places. I would love to visit Europe someday soon! I have a lot of family there and there are many historical landmarks. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool! Thanks for sharing all of this with us! And the books look amazing too!

    ReplyDelete