**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Monday, November 22, 2010

When I’m not writing… with Courtney Rene

image

 

 

I am very happy to introduce you to author Courtney Rene! Her paranormal YA novel recently came out and Courtney contacted me, via Lauren from Shooting Stars Mag, to share with us what she likes to do when she’s not writing! Please welcome her warmly =)

 

 

 

Welcome to my chaos. 

When I was asked about doing a blog on what I do when I am not writing, I had to stop to think if my life was interesting enough for it.  The more I thought, the more I realized my life is a disaster of movement, mess, and chaos of which any quiet moments left are spent, you guessed it, writing.  Breaking it all down was a bit scary.  Esp. since I have a charged laptop that travels with me most of the time.  If I don’t have my laptop, then I have printed pages to review and revise or just a clean spiral to doodle notes into. 

My life consists of my husband, Frank and our two children, Sidney and Seren.  We also have two dogs, a Labrador (Patch) and an English Mastiff (Big Dog), an orange tabby cat (Luna), numerous fish and hamsters.  I work full time during the day, then when the day job ends, the chaos begins. 

I am a taxi most days as I drive our children to school, activities, sports event, etc.  Where to stalk me? 

You can find me here:
image

image

And loads and loads of time here: 

image

Then you have the time spent doing meaningless chores.  Grass, shopping, cleaning….  anyone that has an English Mastiff will tell you that a lot of time is spent wiping off dog slobber from things like, the ceiling.  Oh and color coordinating clothes to the tan and black fur that they sheds like rain. 

image

Then there is my reading.  I love to read and will devour books as fast as I can lay my hands on them.  There are three libraries that the frequent and the people all know me by name.  I don’t stick to any one section either.  I love them all even the “boring” non-fiction part.  If you ever see me out on the street, most likely I have a book stashed in my purse as well as 2-5 in the car.   I have been known to stay up most of a night because I don’t want to put down a book. I don’t have the time I used to, to spend reading.  It would be lovely if I did.  I miss the adventures, the love, the fear.       *Note to self, stop at library on the way home*   

image

Right now, we are in the process of huge renovations to our old house.  If it’s a nice day, and the sun is shining, my husband will have us ALL out doing something.  Including roofing.  Considering my clumsy nature, this was a trial for all of us.  Although I learned a lot of good stuff that maybe I can use in the future for my writing, it’s a hot and dirty job that I never want to do again.  Insulation and siding….are next on the list. 

I never know what my day will bring or where it will take me, but at the end of the day, I’m happy in the midst of my chaos.  I love it. 

------------------------------------

Quite the fan of reading even as a small child, Courtney Rene one day decided that reading other peoples stories was not enough for her and decided to writer her own.  Courtney Rene lives in Ohio, with her husband and two children, two dogs, a cat, several hamsters and a plethora of fish.  Along with her novel, Shadow Dancer, just recently released (09/2010) through www.roguephoenixpress.com, her works can also be found in several magazines in the form of articles and stories, as well as several anthologies.  She loves hearing from her readers.  Please feel free to contact her at ctnyrene@aol.com or check out her website and blog www.courtneyrene.com  www.ctnyrene.blogspot.com 

---------------------------------------

Thank you so much Courtney! It’s been a pleasure!

image Sunny has a gift that she has no idea how to use, until she meets Leif, a boy from the kingdom of Acadia, on the other side of the shadows.

Leif teaches Sunny about Shadow Walkers and how to use her new found gifts. As they grow closer and their gifts grow stronger, a threat arrives. The Shadow Guard has been sent to bring Sunny back to Acadia, to determine if she is a threat to the king as the rightful ruler of Acadia.

As Leif and Sunny prepare to defend themselves, Sunny finds that Leif has also been sent to bring Sunny back to the kingdom but for very different reasons. As a battle for possession of Sunny wages, she is struggling to come to turns with her feelings of inadequacy regarding controlling her gifts as well as the hurt regarding the lies and deceit of everyone around her.

Tynga is a 32 years old mom of two, from Montreal, working as a lab technician in an hospital specialized in heart disease. In her free time, she enjoys reading all things Paranormal and photography.

Follow Tynga on: Facebook | Twitter

0 comments:

Post a Comment