This week, I’m daring you all to read The Shifters series by Rachel Vincent, one of my all time favorite! This is a 6 book series which started with Stray in 2007 and ended with Alpha in 2010. Stray was Rachel’s very first published book and even thought it has a few flaws, I thought in was amazing and I even hunted down a copy of Rogue, the second book in the series, in the UK so I could read it because it was out of print is US & Canada.
Each book in the series gets better and better and you really care for the awesome characters Vincent created. I burst out laughing, felt like throwing my book my across the room (which I would never do, mind you!) and got me weeping a couple of times (especially in Alpha).
Rachel Vincent created a very engrossing world featuring werecats and the relations within the pack and with its ennemies, along with a great love story will keep you begging for more.
The series is now over, so if you pick it up now you won’t have to wait for any releases (lucky you!), but I was really sad to see it end =( I LOVE the characters and it is really hard to let go.
Here’s a bit more about Stray and the rest of the series:
I look like an all-American grad student. But I am a werecat, a shape-shifter, and I live in two worlds.
Despite reservations from my family and my Pride, I escaped the pressure to continue my species and carved out a normal life for myself. Until the night a Stray attacked.
I'd been warned about Strays—werecats without a Pride, constantly on the lookout for someone like me: attractive, female and fertile. I fought him off, but then learned two of my fellow tabbies had disappeared.
This brush with danger was all my Pride needed to summon me back…for my own protection. Yeah, right. But I'm no meek kitty. I'll take on whatever—and whoever—I have to in order to find my friends. Watch out, Strays—'cause I got claws, and I'm not afraid to use them….
Click the cover to read my review
How to participate?
- You choose a book you’ve read, loved and would dare your readers to read!
- The book you choose must be an older release (at least 6 months ago), because let’s be honest, we’re all quite aware of the latest releases.
- Write your own blog post, using the button and linking back to Tynga’s Reviews, inviting your readers to read your chosen book.
- Come back on Tynga’s Reviews and put your link in the linking tool.
- Browse other bloggers Dare and let them know if you’ve read their featured book, or plan on reading it.
- Super easy and an awesome way to discover that special book who might have slipped off your radar!
Don’t forget to add your own Daring You To Read… post in the linky below.
Make sure to let me know if you plan to read/have read the series!