**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Saturday, August 08, 2009

Rogue - Rachel Vincent


"Okay, so cats don't always land on their feet.

I know that better than most. Since rejoining the Pride, I've made big decisions and even bigger mistakes: the kind paid for with innocent lives. As the first and only female enforcer, I have plenty to prove to my father, the Pride, and myself. And with murdered toms turning up in our territory, I m working harder than ever, though I always find the energy for a little after-hours recreation with Marc, my partner both on- and off-duty.

But not all of my mistakes are behind me. We re beginning to suspect that the dead are connected to a rash of missing human women and that they can all be laid at my feet--two or four, take your pick. And one horrible indiscretion may yet cost me more than I can bear..." -Book Cover

Faythe is holding on her part of the deals she made with her father in Stray. She is working as an enforcer for him, and is lucky enough to be paired up with Marc, Alpha's right-hand, enforcer and boyfriend - sometimes. This is another action-packed novel and multiple events which seems unrelated at first, are all part of one big puzzle. An unknown cat is calling to report dead tomcats, human strippers are going missing in multiple areas, Faythe's ex-boyfriend, Andrews, is calling her with weird declarations. How all of this mix together? Well you'll have to read the book to find out =)

Romance wise, Faythe is kind of back with Marc in a no strings-attached relationship, Jace keeps to himself more then ever and like mentioned before, Andrews gets back in the big picture. Nothing is simple when a series of event blurs all our tabby was counting on.

I loved Stray and I wasn't let down by Rogue. I LOVE the series, in fact Pride and Prey are in a nice package on there way to my place right now *winks*. Rachel as a very personal way to put her characters to life, you really feel like you know them personally, and yet, they always surprise you with their course of action. I like the relationship between the pride, all of the boys have something special and unique and you care about them. Faythe and Marc are indeed my favorite but Owen isn't far behind.

The plot is very nicely knot and I couldn't guess most of the action before hand. Actually the only things I guessed was Andrews new status and who his accomplice was. The end makes you dies for more, it's cruel to keep readers on a hook like Rachel! *smiles* Thankfully I discovered this series not long ago so I only have to wait until Monday for my delivery haha!

Seriously if you haven't picked that series yet go and do it! I was holding back because I read bad comments on amazon but when I cruised the blogging network I realised that the series have many fans out there, so I picked it up and I don't regret it!

Read an excerpt

Shifters series:
Stray
Rogue
Pride
Prey
Shift (2010)
Alpha (in writting process)

Book stats:
  • Paperback: 400 pages
  • Publisher: Mira Books; Library ed edition (August 21, 2009)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0778303403
  • ISBN-13: 978-0778303404

Tynga is a 32 years old mom of two, from Montreal, working as a lab technician in an hospital specialized in heart disease. In her free time, she enjoys reading all things Paranormal and photography.

Follow Tynga on: Facebook | Twitter

4 People left their mark' :

  1. I read books 1-3 and loved them! very very good! I like Marc! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you ever want to trade some books (bookmooch) let me know! I don't mind shipping to canada!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still need to read Stray, but you are urging me on by showing me the latest in the series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review - this is such a fantastic series :o)

    I've added your link to my review:
    http://bookreviewsbysarah.blogspot.com/2010/03/review-rogue-rachel-vincent.html

    ReplyDelete