**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Pride - Rachel Vincent

" I'm on trial for my life. Falsely accused of infecting my human ex-boyfriend—and killing him to cover up the crime. Infecting a human is one of three capital offenses recognized by the Pride—along with murder and disclosure of our existence to a human.
I'm two for three. A goner.
Now we've discovered a rogue stray terrorizing the mountainside, hunting a wild teenage tabbycat. It's up to us to find and stop him before a human discovers us. With my lover Marc's help, I think I can protect the vulnerable girl from both the ambitious rogue and the scheming of the territorial council.
If I survive my own trial…
" - Book Cover

Faythe's trial is on the run in a secluded mountain area and it's not looking good. Two out of three alphas standing as judges are against her, and her claws isn't the worst she could loose.
Unsuprisingly, Faythe's future isn't the only one at stake because another alpla seems pretty inclined to drag Greg (Faythe's father) into the dirt.

Pride's affair aside, a couple as been missing for a few days and the pride is forced to get their hands dirty after being informed by a surprising visitor that strays were most likely evolved in that disappearance. But nothing is what it seems!

As always I am deeply in love with Faythe and Marc, their break up is sad but more tragical events are in the way. The turn out of events really broke my heart and I hope they find a way to avoid the hopeless situation they are stuck in.

The book was fast paced, plot is well knot, action packed, suspense kills you 'til the end. All you can ask for is in that book. I said it before, but if you haven't read that series, it's a crime. You must read it!
Off to read prey now!


Click for an excerpt

Shifters series:
Stray
Rogue
Pride
Pray
Shift (2010)
Alpha (TBD)

Book stats:
Mass Market Paperback: 400 pages
Publisher: Mira (Feb 1 2009)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0778326497
ISBN-13: 978-0778326496
Product Dimensions: 16.8 x 10.7 x 3 cm

Tynga is a 32 years old mom of two, from Montreal, working as a lab technician in an hospital specialized in heart disease. In her free time, she enjoys reading all things Paranormal and photography.

Follow Tynga on: Facebook | Twitter

4 People left their mark' :

  1. Tynga,

    I love this series and I'm glad you are enjoying it as well. :)

    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this series, and they just keep getting better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great series.I can't wait to find out what happens next

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so in love with this series!! The situation with Marc at the end left me heartbroken!!! I'm about to start Prey & can't wait to see how it turns out :o)

    I've added your link to my review:
    http://bookreviewsbysarah.blogspot.com/2010/03/review-pride-rachel-vincent.html

    ReplyDelete