**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Monday, August 03, 2009

Iron Kissed - Patricia Briggs


"I could smell her fear, and it satisfied something deep inside me that had been writhing under her cool, superior gaze. I curled my upper lip so she could get a good look at my sharp teeth. I might only weigh thirty or so pounds in my coyote shape, but I was a predator….
Mechanic Mercy Thompson can shift her shape–but not her loyalty. When her former boss and mentor is arrested for murder and left to rot behind bars by his own kind, it’s up to Mercy to clear his name, whether he wants her to or not.
Mercy’s loyalty is under pressure from other directions, too. Werewolves are not known for their patience, and if Mercy can’t decide between the two she cares for, Sam and Adam may make the choice for her…" - Book Cover

Mercedes is a trouble magnet. Still under vampires radars for killing one them, Mercy gets her nose in fae business 'cause she owes a favor to Zee, fae, friend and ex-boss. She's summoned to the fae reservation to investigate a series of murders, but warned that seeing to much would be dangerous. What happens next? Mercy sees too much! She identified the murderer but it gets Zee into deep trouble and Mercedes will do everything she can to get him help.

I'm really in love with that series and even if it was just for Mercy's attitude it would be worth reading the series, but of course there's much more then that! In that book Mercy will finally pull her love life together and make a pick, which is great, I've been holding my breath to know who she would finally end up with! We also get to see some of her weaker sides which is hard to bear at some point, makes her as real as it gets.

When I started reading the series the titles didn't quite make sense but now that I can see the bigger picture it all make sense. In the first book, Moon Called, Mercy dives in werewolves troubles. In the second, Blood Bound, she stirs problems with the vampires. Third, Iron Kissed, is about fae ( weak to iron). I wonder what will she get herself into in Bone Crossed.

Read First Chapter


Mercy Thompson series:
Moon Called
Blood Bound
Iron Kissed
Bone Crossed

Book stats:
  • Mass Market Paperback: 304 pages
  • Publisher: Ace; First Printing edition (January 2, 2008)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0441015662
  • ISBN-13: 978-0441015665
  • Tynga is a 32 years old mom of two, from Montreal, working as a lab technician in an hospital specialized in heart disease. In her free time, she enjoys reading all things Paranormal and photography.

    Follow Tynga on: Facebook | Twitter

    3 People left their mark' :

    1. Tynga,

      I'm really glad you are enjoying the Mercy series - you won't be disappointed in Bone Crossed. :)

      M

      ReplyDelete
    2. Yeah i'm in a big dilemma right now. I don't like when my series are half paperback and half hardcover, so I might wait in January for paperback release, or order from Uk (cause paperback is already available there) but the cover isn't as pretty lol

      ReplyDelete
    3. I'm reading this right now! I love Mercy's attitude, too.

      ReplyDelete