**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Friday, January 29, 2010

City of Glass - Cassandra Clare

" Amid the chaos of war, the shadowhunters must decide to fight with the vampires, werewolves and other downwolders - or against them.
Meanwhile, Jace and Clary have their own decision to make: should they pursue the love they know is forbidden? " - Book Cover


Clary's mother is still in a coma at the hospital, Valentine is on the loose and Jace & Clary just learnt they are siblings, which makes everything much more complicated. Can it get any worst?


The Lightwells have been summoned by the Clave after the events of New York and Clary wants to tag along in hopes to save her mother from her condition. But Jace won't let her, and Clary, true to her stubborn self, will find a way to make it to the City of Glass anyway.
Not a classy entrance, and one that will create many waves in a community on the edge of a big crisis - a war is coming.

I LOVED City of Glass, the entire book is a rollercoaster of emotions and nothing is what is seems. Friends and foes mix in together to give this novel an amazing depth and a fair share of betrayals and surprises. Clare's suspense was nicely calculated and I didn't see any of the major events coming, so Kudos for keeping us on the edge of our seats.

A story with so many first plan characters can easily be overwhelming, but The Mortal Instruments series is so well written, you are fond of every characters. If I had to pick a favorite, I honestly don't know you I would choose.
I love Clary's determination, Simon's originality, Isabelle's style & attitude, Alex's "secret life", Jace's sense of humour & fondness for Clary, Luke's gentleness & fierceness. Each and every character as this little something that makes them so unique and lovable.

It was also nice to visit Alicante. The Mortal Instrument series' world has always been great and unique but it was even more interesting to be in the core of the Nephilims' world.

I loved the end, there was a grief and sadness in the air balanced with a good share of happiness and I was quite pleased with it. I felt like the loop was closed, no major cliffhanger and the series could have ended right then, but I'm really happy that there will be a fourth book early 2011. I can't have enough of this world and it's characters!

If you haven't started this series yet, you should really pick it up. It's a Fantastic story with action, love, treason, grief and so much more, a unique world you won't forget!

Read an excerpt (there's also audio excerpt available)






 
The Mortal Instruments series:

City of Bones
City of Ashes
City of Glass
City of Fallen Angels (March 2011)

Book Stats:
Paperback: 416 pages
Publisher: Walker Childrens Paperbacks (Jul 6 2009)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1406307645
ISBN-13: 978-1406307641

Book Source:
Personnal Shelf

Tynga is a 32 years old mom of two, from Montreal, working as a lab technician in an hospital specialized in heart disease. In her free time, she enjoys reading all things Paranormal and photography.

Follow Tynga on: Facebook | Twitter

8 People left their mark' :

  1. I think this is my absolute favorite series ever! Not only is there a fourth book, but theres also a new series, which predates the events that took place in the MI series. The first book in that series comes out august 31st, its called The Clockwork Angel and the series is the Infernal Devices. Clare just actually realeased a excerpt from it, you should def. check it out if you're a fan of the shadowhunters! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read the second and the third book of this series. I loved City of Bones and I'm buying these two as soon as possible! Great review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sherry! It was alreayd on my wishlist ^^
    I'm not gonna read the excerpt though, I never do. It's just more teasing than I can handle lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ADORE this series. I can't wait for City of Fallen Angels! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this series! I was so frustrated when it was implied that Jace & Clary were siblings but in the end it all fixed itself out and I was exstatic! Awesome series! Can't wait to read the fourth book...just hope I can find it at a library b/c I don't own the other three. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my most favorite series ever!!! Jace and Clary forever :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Personally, I found the whole sibling aspect a bit distracting. What kept me going was the excellent writing and the plot twists. In the end, of course I was happy that they are not siblings - but they don't know it yet! I'm definitely getting the next book - this author is really great!

    ReplyDelete