**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Saturday, June 10, 2017

Stacking the Shelves [258]


Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!
If you want to find out more about Stacking The Shelves, please visit the official launch page!

——————

Happy weekend everyone! I've been MIA for the past few weeks but I'm back from BookExpo America (BEA) and BookCon with a large stack of books. I had the chance to go to New York last week and I really enjoyed my experience.

Felicia, the Geeky Blogger, was nice enough to let me room with her during the week. She was there mostly for the Audies, the award ceremonies celebrating the best audio books of the year and their narrators. As a proficient audiobook reviewer, Felicia won the award of audiobook blogger of the year. Congrats Felicia! Also, thank you Felicia of letting me tag along to all the social events that allowed me to meet wonderful narrators working the the audiobook business. I had a blast!

Felicia and I sightseeing near Time Square.

I spent Thursday and Friday at Book Expo where I met many different authors and publishers, and picked up multiple ARCs. It felt better organized compared to last year in Chicago, however BookCon was way too crowed for me. Because Book Expo is limited to those in the industry, such as writers, publishers, reviewers, educators, librarians, etc, access was limited. However, BookCon is opened to the public so the main floor was way too crowded and the panel rooms were so small, I was only able to get into two out of the five panels I wanted to attend. They were very strict with the amount of people they could fit into the rooms and I feel they should have anticipated for bigger rooms considering the amount of people in attendance. Overall, I loved the experience, and I would definitely go again some day, however, not next year. 

Entrance to main floor of Book Expo and BookCon.
While in New York, I also decided to see a Broadway play which has both american and canadian roots. Come From Away has been nominated for seven Tony Awards and it really deserves to win. It was an amazing musical which is based on the true story of thousands of stranded plane passengers during the 9/11 attacks. In the small town of Gander, Newfoundland, many transatlantic planes were diverted to their small airport and it tells the story of how the town people gathered their resources to help close to 7000 unfortunate travellers. Very touching, and very well choreographed, the actors and songs were wonderful. Highly recommended.

Come From Away playbill.

Come From Away set.

Now, on to the real reason why you're here today. Here's what stacking my shelves this week:

Day 1 at Book Expo.

Purchased Day 1 at Book Expo.
Day 2 at Book Expo.

For Review

Berserker by Emmy Laybourne

The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman

Autonomous by Annalee Newitz

The Language of Thorns by Leigh Bardugo

The Breakdown by B.A. Paris

A Perfect Obsession by Heather Graham

All Rights Reserved by Gregory Scott Katsoulis

Year One by Nora Roberts

The Last Namsara by Kristen Ciccarelli

Zenith by Sasha Alsberg and Lindsay Cummings

The Ultimatum by Karen Robards

Wild Beauty by Anna-Marie McLemore

27 Hours by Tristina Wright

For Love of the Duke by Christi Caldwell

Living with the Living Dead by Greg Garrett

The Tiger’s Daughter y K. Arsenault Rivera

Warcross by Marie Lu

As You Wish by Chelsea Sedoti

Nyxia by Scott Reintgen

Jady City by Fonda Lee



Purchased

Girling Up: How to Be Strong, Smart and Spectacular by Mayim Bialik 

The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood

Getting my book signed by Mayim Bialik.

Getting my booked signed by Margaret Atwood.

 Two authors I absolutely wanted to meet (however briefly) were Mayim Bialik and Margaret Atwood, and I was so happy I got the chance to meet both! Even though BookCon was overcrowed, it definitely attacked to some big names. I had the chance to attend Margaret Atwood's panel and it was brilliant hearing her talk about The Handmaid's Tale and the TV show based on her book. She is a very intelligent lady, and oddly enough, very funny.

So now you turn! Let me know what's new on your shelves!


19 People left their mark' :

  1. It looks like you had a fantastic time in NY for BookExpo, Stéphanie, and I'm so happy you and Felicia got to hang out :)
    Have a wonderful weekend and happy reading.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you had a great time meeting your favorite authors at BookCon. Enjoy your books. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky girl, you got Warcross and Zenith. It's too bad we don't have Book con in France.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone needs to experience one Book Expo. Once was enough for me. So-o overwhelming! Looks like you had a great trip. Enjoy your haul.

    brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do Book Expo, not Book Con. Glad that you had fun while you were in New York. Such a great time. I was at BEA last week. Great stack of books. I see we have a few in common.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy for you that you got to meet Margaret Atwood! I have held on to a copy of The Handmaid's Tale for over 20 years. I know that BookCon was very crowded, but I would still love to go someday. There just aren't these kinds of events in Northern California.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the BEA haul! Thanks for sharing your BEA experience! I went last year and had a blast. So cool that you met Margaret Atwood. I am currently re-reading Handmaid's Tale and watching it too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so envious of the BEA attendees! Looks like so much fun. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Granger shirt! I should get one of those ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, it looks like you had so much fun. Someday I hope to go too. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you had a fun time at BookExpo! I wish I could go there someday!

    Here’s my Stacking the Shelves!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you had a fantastic time, thanks for the Broadway recommendation too!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love to have gone to NY. Looks like you had a wonderful time, even with the crowds. Meeting authors and book signing, how fabulous. Enjoy all your new goodies :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love seeing pictures and book hauls from BEA! Looks like you had a fabulous time!!

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG, you got to meet Margaret Atwood?! Amazing! I'm glad to hear you had a great time at both events, even if Book Con was too crowded. I have yet to attend any of these conventions so I'm always curious to hear about them and love seeing the book hauls.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great Haul! I love the Hermione t-shirt. I hope you enjoy all of your new books. Warcross looks really good and I hope to read it soon. That is awesome you were able to get a copy.

    My STS: http://jacquesbooknook.blogspot.com/2017/06/stacking-shelves-ensnared-by-ag-howard.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. How awesome that you got to meet Margaret Atwood!! It would be amazing to feel the atmosphere of the BEA, so many like-minded book nerds :) Would love to go sometime. Enjoy your amazing haul!

    Here's my STS:

    http://darlenesbooknook.blogspot.ca/2017/06/stacking-shelves-and-sunday-post_11.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stephanie! You got WARCROSS and NYXIA! I am so jealous!!!

    I also have my Hermione library shirt. Can't wait to fit in it again after being 9 months pregnant! :o

    ReplyDelete
  19. I conceive you have noted some very interesting points, regards for the post.
    สูตรเดิมพันเกมรูเล็ต

    ReplyDelete