**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Friday, January 30, 2015

Dead Heat by Patricia Briggs

Shopping for a new horse should have been an uneventful event, but while visiting old friends of Charles, Anna and him stumble right into a fae mess. They must get involved because they targeted his friend's grandchildren, and nobody threaten children on Charles' watch.

It's been three years since the release of the previous book in the Alpha & Omega series, which is wayyyy too long if you ask me lol I love Charles and Anna and I am very happy I could finally visit them again. Briggs really has a talent for bringing a story to life, and even though I don't know a darn thing about horses, I still wanted to know which one Anna would choose in the end. Jokes aside, Dead Heat was another great installment in the series.

For unknown reasons, a fae held prisoner was released onto the world to wreck havoc. By inadvertence, he got tangled with the local alpha's family and the chase was thrilling. Anna's abilities to read and calm people and Charles fierceness work perfectly together to solve any mysteries they encounter. It's probably because Briggs' stories are always so engrossing, but her books always feel too short. I can't help but want more every time.

A & C are as amazing as ever, but one of the aspect I particularly liked was his interaction with his old friend. It was obvious he was dear to him and I felt his sorrow since he had to part from him. This story contained yet another trip to Charles' past and I always enjoy those, revealing more about the character.

The conclusion was heart-pounding and breath-taking. I loved every moment! I sincerely hope it won't take another three years before we get another Alpha & Omega book. If you haven't read Patricia Brigg's book yet, I strongly suggest you do, starting with Moon Called, the first book in this world (It's from the Mercy Thompson series).

tynsignew

Tynga is a 32 years old mom of two, from Montreal, working as a lab technician in an hospital specialized in heart disease. In her free time, she enjoys reading all things Paranormal and photography.

Follow Tynga on: Facebook | Twitter

6 People left their mark' :

  1. I really excited to get this audio very soon. I just love this series and can't wait to spend time with Charles and Anna again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got approved for this on Netgalley but like you said it's been a long ass time since we met up with Charles and Anna. I need to reread the series before jumping in.
    Kristin @ Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had time to reread! there are so many series I would reread LOL but right now I can barely keep up with my 1 review/week for the blog lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got this on Netgalley and just started reading it. Like you said three years is too long to wait for a new story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is indeed. My review next week is Shadow Study, its even longer since the previous one! hahaha

    ReplyDelete