**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Seraphina by Rachel Hartman

I've wanted to read Seraphina for ages and I'm so glad that I finally had the chance to read this. Rachel Hartman has created one of the best fantasy books ever and I absolutely fell in love with the world she created. This isn't your typical fantasy book by any standard, in fact Seraphina breaks all the typical molds we associate with fantasy books.  I can't stop obsessing over Seraphina and this quickly skyrocketed to my favorites shelf.

I listened to the audiobook of Seraphina and it was a nearly perfect reading experience. Though Seraphina clocks at 13 hours (a length I normally wouldn't be patient enough to), it never really feels as if it's a long book. I was so eager to continue listening to this audiobook all the time and I was extremely engaged by both of the narrators. Both narrators had extremely distinct voices that really spiced up my reading experience. I'd highly recommend listening to the audiobook of Seraphina and one can only hope that both narrators will return to narrate book 2.

The plot of Seraphina builds up very slowly, but the wait is completely worth it.  Hartman not only delivers an action-packed story, but also one that will raise questions in readers' minds how we treat so-called "under-class citizens". The harsh way the dragons are portrayed was an interesting take and it provided for an interesting story. Seraphina doesn't ever try to be like other fantasy novels ever and it really goes above and beyond the fantasy genre. I haven't enjoyed a fantasy book this much since I read Graceling by Kristin Cashore years ago and I'm very excited to see where Hartman takes readers next.

Hartman has some of the most gorgeous, lyrical prose that I've ever read and each page sparks with passion and beauty. This book is just so well-written and Hartman's writing style is a bit reminiscent of Kristin Cashore and Leigh Bardugo. I can't stress enough how amazing of a writer Hartman is and I'm dying to read something else that she's written.

Seraphina is fantasy at it's finest, Rachel Hartman has written a smart, extremely entertaining fantasy novel that will appeal to readers of all ages. Rachel Hartman has succeeded with Seraphina and it is one of the few novels that actually live up to the hype. Seraphina is beautifully written and it's one of those books that I would love to reread over and over again. Waiting for Shadow Scale is going to be extremely painful.

Tynga is a 32 years old mom of two, from Montreal, working as a lab technician in an hospital specialized in heart disease. In her free time, she enjoys reading all things Paranormal and photography.

Follow Tynga on: Facebook | Twitter

0 comments:

Post a Comment