**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Destiny's Present by Patricia C. Lee

I love discovering and supporting local authors, and when an author happens to write in one of my favorite genres, it's that much easier to enjoy the book. I read the first book of this series a while back, and while it wasn't a favorite of mine, I decided to try its sequel.

Unlike the first book of her Daughters of the Crescent Moon series, this book has us travelling in the past. Personally, I enjoyed this second book a little more because we got to learn  more about the magical world and the ultimate goals of the antagonists. The presence of the antagonists is also stronger so it makes it more thrilling and dangerous for the characters. Although a few characters from book 1 are back in this sequel, it feels like there's a disconnect between the two books. One is set in the present, while two is set in the past. The switch in main characters also doesn't help with the connectivity of the stories. The narrative is completely different and the feel of the stories don't match.

Although I have a hard time seeing this book as part of a series, the story itself is an entertaining one. The sorceress Narena is on a quest to find the people who threaten the King of Leisos and his heirs. The plot to overturn the kingdom which was discovered in book one is a lot more dangerous than the original theory. Narena suspects Torrin, her ex-lover and father of her daughter, to be involved in the plot, but what she discovers is a lot more complicated and shocking than what she expected. Not only does she reconnect with people from her past, she also meets new people that become unlikely allies.

Since it's publicized as being part of a trilogy, I can only imagine there will be  third book. I can't wait to see what happens next. This second book has me invested in the trilogy so I will definitely be on the lookout for what happens next.

stephsig_thumb-25255B1-25255D6

Tynga is a 32 years old mom of two, from Montreal, working as a lab technician in an hospital specialized in heart disease. In her free time, she enjoys reading all things Paranormal and photography.

Follow Tynga on: Facebook | Twitter

4 People left their mark' :

  1. Thanks for the review, Stephanie and am glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, it sure sounds interesting. Strange though, I prefer American authors over local ones ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat! I was so excited to see that my northern pal was a guest! Dangit. Now I have to fire up my One Click. Sounds wonderful. Thanks Tynga and friends for bringing this awesome writer to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing with us, I think this website really stands out :D.

    ReplyDelete