**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Friday, October 25, 2013

Stacking The Shelves [79]

Stacking the Shelves


Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!


If you want to find out more about Stacking The Shelves, please visit the official launch page!


——————


Hello you guys!


There won't any vlog this week because I'm in no condition to show my face to the world right now. As some of you might know, my pregnancy has been difficult thus far, worst even than my first one, and to make matters worst I had to fall in the street last Saturday. I was brought to the hospital by ambulance (because of the pregnancy) and had the scare of my life when the nurse couldn't find the baby's heart beat, but we found it with an ultrasound. She is fine, no worries :)


I am stuck with a heavy plastic boot and crutches though for another week at minimum, which means I need assistance at all time to take care of Lily, which I find really hard.


On the bright side, I finally received my Kindle Paperwhite new gen! I ordered it at the beginning of the month when my kindle keyboard died unexpectedly. And now I finally have it *happy dance* I have to say I prefer the functionality of my old one, but I guess it's just a matter of getting used to it. I love the integrated light though!


Kindle


Also, we found a new member to join the team and will introduce him next week!


What did you add to your shelves this week?


tynga


[inlinkz_linkup id=332653]

Tynga is a 32 years old mom of two, from Montreal, working as a lab technician in an hospital specialized in heart disease. In her free time, she enjoys reading all things Paranormal and photography.

Follow Tynga on: Facebook | Twitter

51 People left their mark' :

  1. I'm so sorry to hear that this pregnancy is more difficult than the first one. Sometimes we all need a little help. Glad to see that you got a new Kindle. It's just a matter of getting use to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Tynga I'm so sorry to hear about the pregnancy and about your haul. Heaps of positive thoughts your way, I hope the rest of it goes well. Look after yourself and glad the baby is fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww scary! Glad you and the baby are okay. YAY for new kindle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to read the pregnancy is very difficult for you. Hopefully things will get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your pregnancy. Glad to hear that you and the baby are all right from that fall, though.

    And yay about the Paperwhite. I'm debating getting a new eReader and that's on my list of possibilities. (I have a Kindle Keyboard right now.) I hope you're able to get use to it. :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, I hope you and baby are doing okay! I bet you were absolutely scared to death not only falling but with the ultrasound problems. So glad to hear everything turned out fine. Hope you are recovering from your fall and taking much needed time off to keep you two healthy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you and your baby are okay! :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh, falling in the street is embarrassing, but having to go to the hospital :-/ Sorry that this pregnancy is so hard on you. Mine were like that and it is so difficult when you can only do so much to feel better.

    BUT YAY for the Paperwhite! I have the original and I love love love it. I would like the new one, just for the Goodreads button, but this one isn't even a year old, so I'm sure my hubby would kill me if I tried, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tad jealous of your paperwhite! I haven't bit the bullet to get one yet but can't wait until I do. I'm still rocking the Kindle 4 but I like it enough!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear about your pregnancy and nasty fall. Hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so sorry to hear about your hard times! I hope it starts getting easier soon! And oooooh! Pretty kindle! Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah it is, Im already starting to get the hang of it

    ReplyDelete
  13. I sure hope so. At least its a sprain and not broken

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks! Im already starting to get the hang of it. I LOVE the integrated light! I preffered the buttons over touch screen though

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks CHristine. Yes I had the scare of a lifetime, I cried from relief when we found she was alright

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yeah the goodreads button isnt available yet. Well see how the feature works soon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yeah, why change when you old one still works fine

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you Jessica. I hope so too :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. How scary! I'm so glad that you and the baby are both ok! I hope you feel better. Hopefully that new Kindle will help!

    ReplyDelete
  20. hmmm, now i'm trying to figure out if i want a fire or paperwhite. look forward to more of your thoughts on yours as you use it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've heard good things about the paperwhite, so I hope everything goes well with yours!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, Tynga! I'm so sorry to hear that you're going through such a difficult time... I hope and pray that your situation will improve quickly! And the end result will be a beautiful baby girl!! Thank God she's fine, and you will soon be, as well, especially with the help of your husband and family.

    The only thing I can say about ANY e-reader is that I hate them. I only read printed books, and don't intend to ever buy a Kindle, Nook, or whatever! But I do hope you enjoy yours!!

    Lotsa hugs for you and your precious little bundle!! God bless you both!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hope you get better soon. I though I had a bad week when I tore my Lateral Meniscus and had to cancel the Viking River Cruise I was suppose to leave on Nov. 3. Nothing scary like you had when you could not find the heart beat. Great to know the baby is OK. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm so glad to hear that you and the baby are both okay, that has to be terrifying. How are you liking the new Kindle?

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am so sorry about your fall and I am really glad the baby is okay. Take it easy and I hope you feel better soon. At least your Kindle Paperwhite will keep give you something to do.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sending speedy recovery vibes your way Cindy :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Jessica@a GREAT read26 October 2013 at 15:21

    OMG! I'm glad you and the baby are okay! That must have been quite the scare alone! Very glad that both of you are all right. :)

    OOh Kindle White! Pretty! I still have my Kindle keyboard too! I still enjoy that one but was a little upset when I realized I couldn't buy a Kindle Comic Book. Guess it's too old to function for illustrations. Oh well. Enjoy the Kindle! :)

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then!

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. So sorry to hear that this pregnancy is harder than last. And how scary to fall in the street like that! My fall at home was bad enough, so I can't imagine how much worse it would have been on a hard pavement. So glad that you and the baby are okay! Take care of yourself, and enjoy your new Kindle! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm sending you positive and healing thoughts, Tynga! It isn't easy to have other things pile up and make your pregnancy even more difficult than it already was. And I totally understand that it's frustrating to need extra help with your daughter.

    I hope you won't need crutches for long, and that the rest of your pregnancy will go smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm glad you're safely out of the hospital. I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Holding good thoughts for you and the baby. Take good care of yourself.

    There are lots of forthcoming YA (and adult) titles in my post today, which were featured at a publishers' event I attended on Friday. Hope you'll take a look...

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thank you Maria!

    I was like you before but since I won an ereader it really grew on me. I love how light it is in my purse and how easy it is to read in bed ^^

    ReplyDelete
  33. So sorry you had to cancel your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Indeed, been waiting for 3 weeks im glad its finally here ^^

    ReplyDelete
  35. It was quite a scare Jess, thanks.

    I had never tried reading comics on the Keyboard, I had no idea it didnt work

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thanks Alexia! It was quite uncomfortable. I had to wait 20min for the ambulance on the cold pavement under the rain -.-

    ReplyDelete
  37. Thank you so much Lexxie. I hope so too because my hands and shoulders are really hurting :( Trying to move as little as possible

    ReplyDelete
  38. I'm glad to hear everything is OK with the baby. A fall of any kind during pregnancy is scary. Enjoy your new Kindle and Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I'm waiting to get the new gen paperwhite until they have finished adding the feature to be able to sync it to goodreads.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Yikes! That sounds so scary. Glad everything is alright and hopefully the rest of your pregnancy goes more smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  41. The same thing happened with my Kindle Keyboard. So I bought the Paperwhite. I hope you enjoy it. I love mine =)

    ReplyDelete
  42. Oh no! I'm so sorry you fell! Thank god the baby is ok though. Your kindle looks fabulous :) congrats! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete