**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Friday, May 23, 2014

The Mark of the Tala by Jeffe Kennedy

Andi has always been invisible in court and it was perfectly fine that way. Everything changed though after she met a strange man in the Wilds. Her father accuses her of treason and shows a side of him she had never seen before. Her invisibility is now a thing of the past because Rayfe (the strange man) will stop at nothing, not even war, to have her, and bring her back to be Queen of his magical land.

The Mark of the Tala was the first book I read by Jeffe Kennedy and I really liked it. The fantasy fan that I am was pleased with the set up, the story, the magic and the original lore! I liked that Kennedy introduced the Princesses but jumped right onto the action with a violent encounter between Andi and Rayfe. It really set the tone for the rest of the book and showed Andi's strong personality. The author managed to keep me riveted the the page despite the long distance rides and siege, which isn't easy. The tension got my blood running despite the fact that there wasn't that much action.

I really liked the characters and how different the sisters were, but I have to confess I wished Andi  didn't compare herself to her sisters so much. It was a bit redundant at times, but on the other hand, it showed how self-conscious and vulnerable Andi feels, so I understand why Kennedy did it. Andi is determined to do the right thing, and so much changes are going on within herself that she questions her sanity and I think the author portrayed it well. I have to say I fell in love with Rayfe right away and I have to command his courage and determination, even if his methods are sometimes questionable.

Rayfe's people were a very original type of shape-shifter and their land is simply amazing. I really love the world Jeffe created and I truly hope we see more from it in the following novels, it felt so rich and magical!

I loved every page and the conclusion simply left me stunned. I'm really anxious for the next novel, but I have to say I wished it still featured Andi. I feel like there is much more to learn about her - and her mother - and I hope that the next book will accomplish that even if Amelia (the youngest princess) is the main character. I would definitely recommend this series, and I am glad that The Tears of the Rose releases in November! I won't have to wait long.

tynga

Tynga is a 32 years old mom of two, from Montreal, working as a lab technician in an hospital specialized in heart disease. In her free time, she enjoys reading all things Paranormal and photography.

Follow Tynga on: Facebook | Twitter

0 comments:

Post a Comment