**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Monday, May 19, 2014

Banishing the Dark by Jenn Bennett

One of the best books of the year, hands down! Jenn Bennett has knocked it out of the park with BANISHING THE DARK, creating a strong, emotional finale for Cady's journey.

I had high expectations for BANISHING THE DARK because Bennett has given us such an amazing journey so far. I couldn't wait to see how Cady would react to the news of her pregnancy, especially on the heels of the foundation-shattering revelations  about her Moonchild abilities. (You may remember  my OMG reaction to BINDING THE SHADOWS.) BANISHING THE DARK picks up shortly after the end of the previous novel and all of the questions that I had  at the end of Book 3 are answered in the newest novel, and then some. I've always said that Bennett is a talented and daring writer and Cady's final book is truly a dazzling finish to Cady, Lon, and  Jupe's  journey.

The main focus BANISHING THE DARK is Cady and Lon's need to master Cady's abilities and keep Cady's mom from taking over Cady's body. She'd be a supercharged villainess with amazing powers and that wouldn't be good for the world, let alone Cady, who would be a prisoner in her own body. They also need to conceal Cady's pregnancy from her mother, in case Mommy Dearest decides to inhabit their unborn child. A complicated scenario, especially when they're missing a lot of the pieces needed to succeed. As always, Bennett has crafted an immensely satisfying plot that will keep you on the edge of your seat, wondering how Cady and Lon will get themselves out of this mess.

One of the neat things about BANISHING THE DARK is that Bennett has added chapters from Jupe's point of view. I adore Jupe and this was a real treat. He's such a charming young man and the chapters about him really added to the overall narrative. I don't know about you but I would definitely  read a story told from Jupe's point of view!

BANISHING THE DARK is the final instalment in the Arcadia Belll's story and it's a humdinger! I'm sorry to say goodbye to Cady and her friends but I'm thoroughly satisfied with the emotional journey that Bennett has given us. You can be sure I'll be re-reading this series on a very regular basis.
Jenn

Tynga is a 32 years old mom of two, from Montreal, working as a lab technician in an hospital specialized in heart disease. In her free time, she enjoys reading all things Paranormal and photography.

Follow Tynga on: Facebook | Twitter

5 People left their mark' :

  1. These books have been on my wishlist forever. I can't wait to read them! The books sound really great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Link exchange іs nothing еlse ɦowever it
    іs ϳust placing the otheг person's weblog link օn yoսr pɑge at proper place and ߋther person will ɑlso dօ same for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice review Jenn, I did not like this one as much as book 3 I must confess, but it was still very good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that you liked the finale! I can't wait to read it! It's awesome that we get some chapters from Jupe's point of view.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aperpantly this is what the esteemed Willis was talkin' 'bout.

    ReplyDelete