**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Friday, January 31, 2014

Desire Untamed by Pamela Palmer

I was offered to review the last book in the series, Wulfe Untamed, which released on January 28th, but since I hadn't read the series yet, the publisher sent me the whole series! Totally awesome right? I'm especially glad they did because I hadn't heard of this series before and I truly enjoyed the first book!

If I had to describe the book in a few words it would be, 'Imagine the Black Dagger Brotherhood... but with shifters!' Honestly, I felt a very strong BDB vibe when reading the book, but fear not, they are completely different stories. There are similarities that sure contributed to my feelings and here they are. First, it's a bunch of celibate living together in a kind of manor. Secondly, they are all alpha males, warriors protecting their race and not all of them are amiable.  They have also weirdly spelled names such as Lyon, Hawke, Wulfe, Paenther, etc. And last, the story evolves in a closed world, which means humans don't know they exist.

I particularly enjoyed the lore Palmer developed. The warriors are a circle protecting the Therians (their race) against mages and draden (incorporeal demon things). They draw their power from their Radiant, a chosen by Fate woman that can connect to the earth and allows the warrior access to their full powers, including the one to shift in their respective animals. I thought it was very original and miss Palmer managed to introduce every aspect very seamlessly. The first book is all about Lyon (the leader) tracking, finding, and trying to train the new Radiant after the last one died. One problem? She thinks she's human. It was great to discover everything alongside Kara!

The passion runs really high in this novel and I really enjoyed how it was handled. We are used to both heroes being meant to be together, but it's not the case here. Very slight spoiler ahead [spoiler] There is a ceremony at the beginning of the novel, part of the rituals to make Kara ascend to Radiant status, and this ritual determines who her mate is. Against all expectations, it's not Lyon! [/spoiler]. This situation brings in a forbidden element and both parties fight their mutual attraction because it's unfortunately the right thing to do. Let me tell you, this brings the sexual tension rocket high, to our delight!

The plot really is romance driven, but there is still a healthy amount of action involved and there are some extremely interesting plot twists I had not expected at all! I was completely engrossed from the get go and it was really hard to put the novel down. Being surprised by the conclusion is also a nice addition!

Paranormal romance lovers must get their hands on this series, especially fans of Ward and Cole. I'm sure you'll find yourself right at home. And the best thing? All eight books in the series are already released, so you won't have to suffer between releases!

tynga

Tynga is a 32 years old mom of two, from Montreal, working as a lab technician in an hospital specialized in heart disease. In her free time, she enjoys reading all things Paranormal and photography.

Follow Tynga on: Facebook | Twitter

6 People left their mark' :

  1. I love Paranormal Romances and this one is going to end up on my TBR soon! And the cover looks very appealing as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you'll enjoy it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did enjoy this book, except the "must have sex because of the magic and in front of al the warriors" angle. I have the rest of the series on my shelves. I need to pick it up again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm slightly jealous at those lucky people who get to enjoy the fact that all the books are already released. They should have to suffer like I did waiting for each new book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to agree, im not much for voyeurism!

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha there must be other series out there that are all released and available to your reading too :)

    ReplyDelete