**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Stacking The Shelves [77]

Stacking the Shelves


Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!


If you want to find out more about Stacking The Shelves, please visit the official launch page!


——————


Gifted


I feel like it has been forever since I have posted an STS post, but I haven't been getting very many books now that I am in college. However, I got legitimately the surprise of a lifetime this week. College has been an adjustment, and it's not the easiest thing to transition into. Gillian at Writer of Wrongs is my go-to for anything and everything. She's stayed up with me until 4:30 am and has shared in all my ups and downs thus far. And, when I hit a particularly rocky patch, she made my day ten times better. And, in all honesty, I can't live without this girl.


She gifted me the surprise of a bookish lifetime...


kkhp-box-back-lg


The Harry Potter boxed set with all the new covers. Look at that! I've never owned my own HP series, and now I do. Not only that, the spines create Hogwarts! And the books are so soft! I can't even help myself. This is seriously the best birthday gift/Christmas gift/pick-me-up I could have ever asked for.


Trade


9182478


Thank you, Christy, for this lovely trade!


All in all, I'd say this was the most amazing bookish week ever for me. I can't even explain my excitement over that boxed set. I hope everyone else had as great of a week as I did!


Don't forget to link me to your STS posts!


lilisig


[inlinkz_linkup id=327408]

Tynga is a 32 years old mom of two, from Montreal, working as a lab technician in an hospital specialized in heart disease. In her free time, she enjoys reading all things Paranormal and photography.

Follow Tynga on: Facebook | Twitter

38 People left their mark' :

  1. How amazing is that HP set, enjoy :-) Hourglass was great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great gift, it looks really pretty with all the books together like that. I love seeing the different covers for HP from around the world.
    And I know what you mean about college being an adjustment - my freshman year sucked, but it picked up a lot the following year, and now I'm a senior and getting nervous about going out into the 'real world'. ;)

    ~Ailsa

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was so awesome of Gillian to get you the Harry Potter set. I like that the spines create Hogwarts. Seriously what a wonderful friend.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great gift. Hope college gets easier as you adjust.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That is a fantastic friend!! I love and also I'm so in awe of our community and how, though we have our ups and downs, we support each other, and we are there for each other, oftentimes just as much as an IRL friend or family member. It's so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't read Harry Potter but I'll even admit that box set is pretty awesome


    Paranormal Haven

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so awesome. I don't own a HP set either. I think I have one hardcover sans the cover that I picked up at a library sale. I hope you start adjusting to college soon.
    Kristin @ Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your Harry Potter set - awesome :).

    http://www.alwaysyaatheart.com/2013/10/stacking-shelves-101113.html#more

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Lili, you are so FREAKING lucky!!!!! I would absolutely dance around the living room if I got a gift like that!!! I LOVE Harry Potter!!!! I had no idea there were new covers now! I'm off to investigate further, so I can put this set on my Christmas wish list! (I have to be EXTRA nice to hubby....lol.)

    Thanks for such a delightful post!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you! I most definitely will!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait to re-read HP and read HOURGLASS for the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Of course! Seeing the different covers is something that always intrigues me. My freshman year has sucked thus far, no questions asked. It's making me wonder if my school is the place for me. It's adding unnecessary stress and drama to my life.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you! I hope so as well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. She's the best friend I could ask for <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. We find people who we care about anywhere, and no matter how we find them we stick with them <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. I own the first book, but I obviously don't need it anymore. My Dad has a set of all the books in his bookcase, but now I've got one officially for myself! hahahah

    ReplyDelete
  17. I cried a little bit when I opened it, if you want the truth. It was a necessary pick me up. They're new illustrations in a limited edition paperback boxed set. (:

    And haha, you're welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome gift! Anything Harry is fabulous. I enjoyed the Hourglass series - hope you do too. Happy reads...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey, I would have cried, too! You must have been totally overwhelmed! It's so nice to have great friends that really care about you, isn't it? ENJOY!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  20. That Harry Potter set is GORGEOUS. I might have to pick one up for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The spines of the newly released HP set is perfect! Enjoy your reading! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMg what a glorious gift!! Your friend is so sweet :) You definitely gotta take her for coffee or something

    Enjoy your very first set of Harry Potter books! :P

    ReplyDelete
  23. Jessica@a GREAT read12 October 2013 at 16:23

    Oh nice! The new Harry Potter covers are pretty awesome! Glad you own your own set now!!

    Read Hourglass not too long ago myself and really liked it! Hope you do too!


    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then!

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats on the HP set and how awesome of your friend to give them to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the new HP books! What a great friend! And I loved Hourglass, so I hope you enjoy that one, too.

    ReplyDelete
  26. That's a pretty awesome gift to get, Lily!

    College is hard in the beginning, but once you get into the rhythm, you'll be fine, you'll probably even get some time to read just for fun again! don't despair :)

    It's my first participation in Stacking the Shelves, I hope I've done everything right!

    ReplyDelete
  27. The New Harry Potter books! Oh, amazing! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Well, look at that. That's a lovely gift. Cool haul!

    Happy reading :)

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/10/stacking-shelves-58.html

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a wonderful week you've had, Lili! Followed by the long Columbus Day weekend. Hope you're able to squeeze in a little bit of recreational reading. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  30. That Harry Potter is seriously cool! I have all the books in hard cover, but that does tempt me to pick up the new editions. The covers are beutiful and I had no idea that would all make Hogwart's shelved together. That is really an awesome gift!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi there,
    Harry Potter!!! Can't get any better than that. And wow, that's a really nice looking set :)
    Ninja Girl

    ReplyDelete
  32. That HP set looks fantastic! We'd totally love to have that here!

    ReplyDelete